Posted by Nigeria Direct on
Nigeria is a Federal Republic comprising 36 states and the Federal Capital territory, Abuja. Until 1991, the city of Lagos was the Capital of Nigeria. As a result of congestion due to its dual capacity as both the economic and political capital of Nigeria as well as the prevalence of waters (Lagoons, the Atlantic ocean) further re-expansion and development became impossible.
Justice Aguda Panel was therefore constituted by Murtala-Obasanjo Administration in 1975 to locate a suitable site central to all sections of the country for a new Capital territory. This in a nutshell explains how the new Federal Capital Territory of Abuja came into being and Measuring 800/kilometer square, the Federal Capital Territory is a fusion of huge expanse of land from Kogi, Nasarawa, Plateau and Niger States and it is at the epicenter of Nigeria.
Click below for information about each state:
3. Akwa Ibom
9. Cross River
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from further commenting.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.