IMPORTANT DOCUMENTATION (click below for detail)
Federal Secretariat Towers (5th & 10thfloors),
Shehu Shagari Way, Central Area, P.M.B. 192, Garki, Abuja
Tel: 09-5235208, 09-5237676.
To make justice accessible to all and ensure that the legal system responds to the needs of the public in an efficient manner consistent with the ideals of democracy and the rule of law in order to reduce poverty and promote economic growth.
The Ministry will be proactive in ensuring justice for all and providing a sound legal framework for the attainment of the rule of law, social and economic reform.
Schedule of duties:
- Prosecution of Criminal Cases
- Defense of Civil Suits.
- Provision of Legal Advice and Opinion to Government Organizations and Institutions.
- Vetting and Advising on Government Contracts & Agreements
- Ensuring Performance of Government Obligations Under International Conventions
- Handling of Extradition Matters.
- Drafting of Bills and other Legal Instruments.
- Granting of Approval for the Registration of Companies Limited by Guarantee.
- Handling Complaints of Breaches of Citizensí Rights.
- Promotion of Alternative Dispute Resolution Mechanisms
- Publication and Release of the Reviewed Laws of the Federation.
- Publication of the White Papers or Blue- prints for the Federal Ministry of Justice.
- Pursuing a Vigorous Policy for the Decongestion of Prisons Nation-wide.
- Collaborating with other Agencies in the Justice Sector.
Legal Aid Council of Nigeria
Mrs. Nwaka Laetitia Akinlami
Ground Floor, Phase 1, New Federal Secretariat Complex, Shehu Shagari Way, Maitama, Abuja
09 - 5238477