The first batch of Nigerians being evacuated from South Africa by the Federal Government following the ongoing xenophobic attacks would return on Wednesday by 2 p.m., an official has said.
Farinloye said, barring any unforeseen circumstances, the Air Peace B777 aircraft, volunteered by the airline to evacuate Nigerians, would arrive on Sept. 11 at the Cargo Wing of the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos.
He explained that the aircraft would take off on Tuesday night from Lagos to South Africa to bring home the first batch of the over 600 Nigerians.
READ ALSO: Xenophobia: Buhari orders immediate evacuation of Nigerians
The evacuation had earlier suffered a setback as it was discovered that most of those interested in the process had expired passports.
President Muhammadu Buhari had also on Monday ordered the immediate evacuation of Nigerians who had indicated interest to leave South Africa after receiving report from the Special Envoy deployed to the country.
The government earlier issued travel advice to Nigerians intending to visit South Africa due to the xenophobic attacks on Nigerians and other foreign nationals.
You may be interested
‘Your Days Are Numbered If You Have 3 Cars And Your Pastor Is Trekking’ – Pastor DeclaresWebby - November 26, 2020
Though he shared the post a week ago, it just got the attention of Facebook users and they have left…
Nigerian Man Proposes To His Girlfriend With Fleets Of Drones (Video)Webby - November 26, 2020
The drone used in the proposal A Nigerian man has won the heart of his lovely girlfriend after proposing in…
I Joined APC To Become Adamawa Governor In 2023 – Sen Elisha AbboWebby - November 26, 2020
Senator Elisha Abbo Senator Elisha Abbo has revealed that the actual reason he defected from the Peoples Democratic Party to…