Naija News reports that Okonjo-Iweala’s appointment into the 12-member team was announced on Friday in a statement IMF’s Managing Director, Kristalina Georgieva.
The statement said the new group will provide perspectives from around the globe on key developments and policy issues, including policy responses to the exceptional challenges the world now faces due to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and its economic impact.
According to the statement, “Even before the spread of COVID-19 and the dramatic health, economic, and financial disruptions it has brought, IMF members confronted a rapidly evolving world and complex policy issues,” Ms Georgieva said.
“To serve our membership well in this context, we need top-notch input and expertise from the widest range of sources, inside and outside the Fund.
“Toward this end, I am proud that an exceptional and diverse group of eminent individuals with high-level policy, market, and private sector experience has agreed to serve on my External Advisory Group.
“Today we had a dynamic discussion to gain their insights, and to receive informal reactions to our ideas and approaches,” she added.
This online news platform understands that the advisory group is expected to meet a few times in a year with the IMF’s Managing Director, Deputy Managing Directors, and a sub-set of IMF department Directors.
See the list of the Managing Director’s External Advisory Group below…
1. Ms Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, former Finance Minister of Nigeria
2. Mr Tharman Shanmugaratnam, Senior Minister of Singapore and Chairman of the Monetary Authority of Singapore
3. Ms Kristin Forbes, Professor, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
4. Mr Kevin Rudd, former Prime Minister of Australia
5. Lord Mark Malloch Brown, former United Nations Deputy Secretary-General
6. Mr Feike Sijbesima, Honorary Chair, DSM, Former CEO, Royal DSM
7. Mr Raghuram Rajan, Professor, University of Chicago Ms Ana Botín, Group Executive Chairman, Santander
8. Ms Carmen Reinhart, Professor, Harvard University
9. Mr Mohamed A. El-Erian, Chief Economic Adviser, Allianz
10. Mr Scott Minerd, Chief Investment Officer, Guggenheim Investments
11. Ms Nyaradzayi Gumbonzvanda, Chair of ActionAid International.
Share this post with your Friends on
Looking for something? Search below
You may be interested
Tanker fire kills 12 persons in BenueWebby - April 20, 2021
At least 12 dead bodies were recovered on Sunday at the scene of a petroleum tanker explosion at Oshigbudu junction…
Gunmen kill policemen in multiple attacks on stationsWebby - April 20, 2021
By Nwanosike Onu, Awka; Sunny Nwankwo, Umuahia, Emma Elekwa, Onitsha and Nichola Kalu, Abuja Buildings, vehicles razed Detainees freed It’s…
Al-Qaeda: Bandits, kidnappers, Yahoo boys calling for Pantami’s sack – Islamic groupWebby - April 20, 2021
The Muslim Rights Concern, MURIC, has rubbished those calling for the resignation and sack of Isa Pantami, the Minister of…