People Who Have Contributed Monetarily To Fight Against Coronavirus In Nigeria
People who have donated for the fight against coronavirus
As new cases of CONVID-19 continue to increase, some wealthy people and corporations have donated in a bid to help combat the coronavirus pandemic.
1. Jack Ma – @JackMa is a Chinese business magnate, investor and politician. He is the co founder and former executive chairman of Alibaba Group, a multinational technology conglomerate.
He donated medical supplies which include 5.4 mill face masks, 1.08 mill detection tests, 40,000 sets of protective clothing and 60,000 sets of protective face shields. Right now the medical supplies that was moved from Lagos to Abuja generated lots of reactions from its citizen.
2. Runtown – Douglas Jack Agu, better known by his stage name @iRuntown, is a Nigerian singer, songwriter and producer.
In a bid to ensure everyone is staying safe in this tough times, @iRuntown via his Twitter handle gave out 10 million naira to about 500 people yesterday. The joy in those who got the
giveaways has no bound as they continually call on other people to show how genuine this is.
3. Shehu Sanni – @ShehuSani is a Nigerian senator, an author, playwright and a human rights activist.
Senator shehu sanni has distributed protective items and foodstuffs to churches, mosques and correctional centers.
4. Atiku Abubakar – @atiku GCON is a Nigerian politician, businessman, philanthropist and presidential candidate of the People’s Democratic Party at the 2019 Nigerian general election.
@Atiku Abubakar has donated N50million as relief fund to support the Federal Government’s battle against the coronavirus pandemic in the country. He made this known in a press statement on March 25, 2020.
5. Aliko Dangote – @AlikoDangote GCON is a Nigerian business magnate and philanthropist who is the founder and chairman of Dangote Group, the largest industrial conglomerate in Africa.
The @AlikoDangote Foundation on March 2, 2020 pledged a whooping sum of N200million to support current effort of the Nigerian government towards curbing the spread of Corona Virus in the country.
6. Pastor Enenche of Dunamis Church Donated Medical Equipment, materials.
7. United Bank for Africa Plc donated a whopping N5 billion for Africa to fight the deadly coronavirus.
You may be interested
A woman’s place is in the kitchen, is an European proverb – singer Seun…Webby - July 2, 2020
Nigerian singer, Seun Kuti in a post he shared on Instagram lashed out at African men who hold on to…
Domestic flight to resume July 8 – FGWebby - July 2, 2020
The Federal Government has finally announced the resumption of domestic flights in the country. In a statement released earlier today…
Nigeria does not determine WAEC timetable – Sani AliyuWebby - July 2, 2020
The Presidential Task Force on COVID-19, through Sani Aliyu has said that the West Africa Examination Council (WAEC) timetable is not…