Coronavirus: 22 new deaths recorded on Chinese mainland

March 11, 2020
44 Views

<!– President Xi Jinping makes first visit to Wuhan since coronavirus outbreak –>

President Xi Jinping during his visit to Wuhan 

Twenty-four new confirmed cases of novel coronavirus infection and 22 deaths were on Tuesday recorded on the Chinese mainland in Hubei Province, the Chinese health authority said Wednesday.

According to the National Health Commission, 31 new suspected cases were reported.

It also said 1,578 people were discharged from hospital after recovery, while the number of severe cases decreased by 302 to 4,492 on Tuesday.

The overall confirmed cases on the mainland had reached 80,778 by the end of Tuesday, including 16,145 patients who were still being treated, 61,475 patients who had been discharged after recovery, and 3,158 people who died of the disease.

Xinhua quoted the commission as saying 285 people were still suspected of being infected with the virus, adding that 14,607 close contacts were still under medical observation.

On Tuesday, 3,235 people were discharged from medical observation.

Also on Tuesday, 10 imported cases of novel coronavirus infection were reported on the mainland. Among them, six were reported in Beijing, two in Shanghai, one in Shandong Province and one in Gansu Province. By the end of Tuesday, 79 imported cases had been reported, said the commission.

By the end of Tuesday, 120 confirmed cases including three deaths had been reported in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (SAR), 10 confirmed cases in the Macao SAR, and 47 in Taiwan including one death.

A total of 65 patients in Hong Kong, 10 in Macao and 17 in Taiwan had been discharged from hospital after recovery.

<!–

after_article responsive

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

–>

You may be interested

Breaking: Sanwo-Olu confirms one person dead at Reddington Hospital
News
1 views
News
1 views

Breaking: Sanwo-Olu confirms one person dead at Reddington Hospital

Webby - October 21, 2020

<!-- Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu --> Sawo-Olu consoling one of the victims of shooting by soldiers at Lekki Toll Gate on…

Lekki shooting: Sanwo-Olu suspends govt activities for 3 days (Full broadcast text)
News
News

Lekki shooting: Sanwo-Olu suspends govt activities for 3 days (Full broadcast text)

Webby - October 21, 2020

<!-- Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu --> Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu Following shooting of #EndSARS protesters in Lekki area of Lagos by soldiers,…

#EndSARS: 2 feared dead, police stations, others burnt amidst gunshots in Rivers
News
News

#EndSARS: 2 feared dead, police stations, others burnt amidst gunshots in Rivers

Webby - October 21, 2020

<!-- Charred remains of vehicles burnt in one of the police stations --> The burnt remains of one of the…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.