Hong Kongese martial artist, actor, film director, producer, stuntman, and singer, Jackie Chan has taken to social media to debunk reports that he is been quarantined over coronavirus concerns.
The 65-year-old movie star made the announcement after rumours on the internet claimed that the has been suspected of coronavirus infection.
“Thanks for everybody’s concern! I’m safe and sound, and very healthy. Please don’t worry, I’m not in quarantine. I hope everyone stays safe and healthy too!” Chan said in an Instagram post.
In a long Facebook message, he said he has received many messages from friends asking if he was okay.
“I’ve also received some very special gifts from fans all over the world during this very difficult time. Thank you for the face masks. Your thoughtfulness is well received! And I’ve asked my lovely staff to donate your kindness through official organizations to those who need it most.”
See his Instagram post below.
The actor who revealed earlier this month that his recent movie “Vanguard” was pulled out of China due to concerns that coronavirus would spread to moviegoers in theatres, offered a reward of 1 million yuan — approximately $197,000 — for the development of an antidote.
More than 80,000 people have been infected with the virus so far and at least 2,800 have died worldwide, most of them in mainland China.
You may be interested
See complete results of Ekiti PDP governorship primary electionWebby - January 26, 2022
Spread the loveBisi Kolawole (Bisikay) has won the PDP Governorship primary election, beating Segun Oni to the second place. Kolawole,…
Three armed robbers arrested one year after snatching motorcycle from victimWebby - January 26, 2022
The popular Yoruba adage which says everyday for the thief and one day for the owner seems to have played…
Wike hails ruling on FG’s deductions to fund policeWebby - January 26, 2022
Rivers Governor Nyesom Wike has described the Federal High Court’s judgement that stopped direct deductions from the Federation Account to…