Boko Haram Torches Emir’s Palace In Fresh Attack In Yobe

October 6, 2019
98 Views

Campaging Boko Haram insurgents on Saturday afternoon burnt a section of the Emir of Jajare’s Palace in Babangida headquarters of Tarmuwa Local Government of Yobe State.

Eyewitness said the insurgents entered the town in a commando style and headed straight to the emirs palace but the Emir had left the palace two hours before the arrival of the insurgents.

Apparently, in a show of anger, the insurgents decided to burn a section of the palace and carted away with an escort Hilux van (vehicle) of the Emir.

Another resident of Babangida told our correspondent that the insurgents were on a mission to eliminate the District Head in a revenge mission.

The source disclosed that the District Head had earlier gave an intelligent report that led to the elimination of some Boko Haram in his domain who were kidnapping locales for ransom.

Information available also indicated that the attack on the town created pandemonium in the entire town as many villagers who came to the market scampered for their lives.

The Nation checks gathered that troops in Tarmuwa have been withdrawn more than two months ago following the military recent strategy of Super Camps in Operation Lafiya Dole.

Idris Adamu a resident informed the soldiers came from Dapchi an hour after the attack.

Tarmuwa is located 53km northwest away from Damaturu, the State capital.

You may be interested

Tanker fire kills 12 persons in Benue
News
News

Tanker fire kills 12 persons in Benue

Webby - April 20, 2021

At least 12 dead bodies were recovered on Sunday at the scene of a petroleum tanker explosion at Oshigbudu junction…

News
1 views

Gunmen kill policemen in multiple attacks on stations

Webby - April 20, 2021

By Nwanosike Onu, Awka; Sunny Nwankwo, Umuahia, Emma Elekwa, Onitsha and Nichola Kalu, Abuja Buildings, vehicles razed Detainees freed It’s…

Al-Qaeda: Bandits, kidnappers, Yahoo boys calling for Pantami’s sack – Islamic group
News
1 views
News
1 views

Al-Qaeda: Bandits, kidnappers, Yahoo boys calling for Pantami’s sack – Islamic group

Webby - April 20, 2021

The Muslim Rights Concern, MURIC, has rubbished those calling for the resignation and sack of Isa Pantami, the Minister of…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.