The Kano State Fire Service on Tuesday night rescued 45-year-old Nazifi Abdullahi from a burning house at Sharada Phase I in Kano.

Saidu Mohammed, the Public Relations Officer of the service, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Kano on Wednesday that Mr Abdullahi was trapped inside the kitchen of the building.

He said the firemen rescued the victim after getting a distress call from one Malam Auwalu Abdullahi at about 8:10 p.m.

“Upon receiving the information, we quickly dispatched firemen and fire engine to the scene at about 8:16 p.m. and our firemen were there on time to put off the fire.

“Only the kitchen of the house was slightly burnt, but the victim sustained injuries and was taken alive to the Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital for treatment.”

Mr Mohammed said that the fire was caused by cooking gas.

(NAN)

You may be interested

News
3 views

Police confirm 2 students dead, 12 injured in Ojodu truck accident

Webby - December 8, 2021

The truck that crushed students at Ojodu Lagos set ablaze By Mateen Badru Police confirmed that two male students of…

Bandits Attack Travellers In Sokoto, Burn 30 Passengers To Death Inside A Bus
News
News

Bandits Attack Travellers In Sokoto, Burn 30 Passengers To Death Inside A Bus

Webby - December 8, 2021

Gunmen suspected to be bandits have burnt at least 30 passengers inside a bus traveling from Sabon Birni local government…

Police say two dead, 12 injured in Lagos school children accident
News
4 views
News
4 views

Police say two dead, 12 injured in Lagos school children accident

Webby - December 8, 2021

The police in Lagos have said two students died and 12 injured in an accident that occurred on Tuesday afternoon…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.