The Kano State Fire Service on Tuesday night rescued 45-year-old Nazifi Abdullahi from a burning house at Sharada Phase I in Kano.

Saidu Mohammed, the Public Relations Officer of the service, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Kano on Wednesday that Mr Abdullahi was trapped inside the kitchen of the building.

He said the firemen rescued the victim after getting a distress call from one Malam Auwalu Abdullahi at about 8:10 p.m.

“Upon receiving the information, we quickly dispatched firemen and fire engine to the scene at about 8:16 p.m. and our firemen were there on time to put off the fire.

“Only the kitchen of the house was slightly burnt, but the victim sustained injuries and was taken alive to the Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital for treatment.”

Mr Mohammed said that the fire was caused by cooking gas.

(NAN)

You may be interested

Zamfara: 35 Killed In Village Attack
News
1 views
News
1 views

Zamfara: 35 Killed In Village Attack

Webby - January 23, 2021

The Emir of Maru in Zamfara State, Alhaji Abubakar Gado Maigari, has confirmed that 35 people were killed during an…

How 9 Soldiers On A Rescue Mission Inside Forest Were Killed By Boko Haram Fighters In Nasarawa
News
3 views
News
3 views

How 9 Soldiers On A Rescue Mission Inside Forest Were Killed By Boko Haram Fighters In Nasarawa

Webby - January 23, 2021

File photo Some members of the very deadly Boko Haram sect have killed nine soldiers in the Doma area of…

Court never sacked NDDC Interim Management Committee says Lawyer
Politics
Politics

Court never sacked NDDC Interim Management Committee says Lawyer

Webby - January 23, 2021

The Abuja division of the Federal High Court has clarified that it never made an order sacking the Prof. Dabiel…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.