Princess Of Wales, Kate Middleton Announces She Has Been Diagnosed With Cancer

March 23, 2024
16 Views

The Princess of Wales, Kate Middleton on Friday revealed that she has been diagnosed with cancer and is currently undergoing treatment in its “early stages.”

Princess Of Wales, Kate Middleton Announces She Has Been Diagnosed With Cancer

The Princess, known formally as Catherine, expressed the profound shock of her diagnosis in heart-wrenching video shared on social media.

Kate Middleton disclosed that the cancer was detected during major abdominal surgery earlier this year at The London Clinic.

The 42-year-old explained that she must first recover from surgery before commencing “preventative chemotherapy,” as recommended by her medical team.

According to Kate, she and her husband, William, have been navigating this private ordeal while prioritizing their young family.

This news comes as another devastating blow to the royal family, with King Charles and the future queen both facing battles with cancer simultaneously.

King Charles praised his “beloved” daughter-in-law saying he was “so proud of Catherine for her courage in speaking as she did”

Speculation surrounding Kate’s health had been rampant for weeks, fueled by endless rumors and conspiracy theories online.

Seated on a garden bench wearing a blue and white striped jumper and blue trousers, Kate revealed that she needed time to process the news and inform her children, Prince George, 10, Princess Charlotte, 8, and Prince Louis, 5, before sharing it with the world.

She said: “It has been an incredibly tough couple of months for our entire family, but I’ve had a fantastic medical team who have taken great care of me, for which I am so grateful.

“In January, I underwent major abdominal surgery in London and at the time, it was thought that my condition was non-cancerous.

“The surgery was successful. However, tests after the operation found cancer had been present. My medical team therefore advised that I should undergo a course of preventative chemotherapy and I am now in the early stages of that treatment.”

Acknowledging her husband’s unwavering support, Kate emphasized the importance of explaining the situation to her children in an age-appropriate manner.

She reassured them of her recovery and stressed the significance of focusing on healing mentally, physically, and emotionally.

Kate, who described her husband as “a great source of comfort and reassurance”, said: “It has taken me time to recover from major surgery in order to start my treatment.

“But, most importantly, it has taken us time to explain everything to George, Charlotte and Louis in a way that is appropriate for them, and to reassure them that I am going to be OK.”

“As I have said to them, I am well and getting stronger every day by focusing on the things that will help me heal; in my mind, body and spirits.

Filmed emotionally at Windsor, the video was released during the Easter school holidays to shield the children from media coverage.

Kate was last seen at an official royal engagement at Christmas, when she attended church with her family at Sandringham, Norfolk.

She was admitted to hospital for two weeks in January and was expected to recuperate for several months, not returning to official duties until after Easter.

The princess did not reveal her medical condition, in contrast to the King who was open about his cancer diagnosis after going in for prostate treatment.

Kate’s last public appearance was at Christmas, and her absence from official duties since then had fueled rumors about her health, especially after the digitally altered Mother’s Day picture incident.

The image was pulled by six pictures agencies after it emerged that the image had been digitally altered. Kate personally apologised for editing the picture, but the original photograph was never released.

She and William were spotted at a farm shop in Windsor last weekend, which prompted outlandish speculation that she had been replaced by a body double.

The rumour and conjecture will now be silenced by the shocking news from Kensington Palace and the princess has asked for privacy to let the family cope with her condition.

She said, “We hope that you will understand that, as a family, we now need some time, space and privacy while I complete my treatment.

“My work has always brought me a deep sense of joy and I look forward to being back when I am able, but for now I must focus on making a full recovery.”

Paying tribute to all those who are also suffering, she finished her statement by saying: “At this time, I am also thinking of all those whose lives have been affected by cancer.

“For everyone facing this disease, in whatever form, please do not lose faith or hope. You are not alone.”

The duration of Kate’s treatment remains uncertain, but she may attend events based on her health and medical advice, without indicating a full return to duties.

Messages of support poured in from around the world. Prime Minister Rishi Sunak said she has “the love and support of the whole country”.

The White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre, told reporters in Washington DC: “Our thoughts are with the Duchess of Cambridge and her family members and friends during this incredibly difficult time.”

ALSO READ: Kate Middleton’s Sickness Not Dangerous, Commonly Associated With Twins

You may be interested

U-17 WWCQ: Olowookere Optimistic Flamingos Will Beat Burkina Faso To Final Round Ticket
Sports
Sports

U-17 WWCQ: Olowookere Optimistic Flamingos Will Beat Burkina Faso To Final Round Ticket

Webby - May 14, 2024

Nigeria’s U17 girls, Flamingos, are back in the country following their FIFA U17 Women’s World Cup qualifying match against Burkina…

Osimhen Remains Chelsea’s Top Priority —Romano
Sports
Sports

Osimhen Remains Chelsea’s Top Priority —Romano

Webby - May 14, 2024

Transfer expert Fabrizio Romano has disclosed that Chelsea have made Super Eagles striker Victor Osimhen their top priority in the…

Olofinjana Faults NFF One-Year Contract For Finidi
Sports
12 views
Sports
12 views

Olofinjana Faults NFF One-Year Contract For Finidi

Webby - May 13, 2024

Former Nigerian international Seyi Olofinjana has faulted the decision of the Nigeria Football Federation (MFF) to offer Super Eagles coach…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.