10 Set-To-Be Evacuted Nigerian Ladies Arrested And Barred From Leaving Lebanon By Employers
According to SaharaReporters, the ladies are part of 130 Nigerian young women stranded in Lebanon and billed for evacuation.
It was gathered that their employers connived with the Lebanese Police to stop them from leaving the Asian country.
A source in Lebanon said the employers of the 10 ladies might be using them for prostitution, hence the reason they do not want them to return to Nigeria.
“It seems the employers of those Nigerian girls who do not accept their return are using those girls for prostitution and their voices has not been heard,” the source told SR.
In a letter to Nigeria’s Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, by the Nigerian Ambassador to Lebanon, Goni Modu Zanna Bura, it was stated that the Office of the General Security in Lebanon had withheld the exit clearance of the ladies and an arrest warrant had been issued on them.
“May I however regrettably, report also that the host office of the General Security had withheld exit clearances in respect of 10 ladies out of the returnees.
“This sad development was predicated on a report filled by their Lebanese employers to the police, in so doing, the 10 Nigerians were placed on stop list and subsequently a warrant for their arrest was issued by the authorities,” the letter by the ambassador reads partly.
The 10 ladies stopped from leaving Lebanon include Ajara Kehinde, Alliu Kaothar Adeola, Aremu Idowu Elizabeth, Azeez Funmilayo Afusat, Fatokun Oluwadunsin Deborah, Olomohugbe Ifeoluwa Ebun, Oluwafemi Damilola Oluwaseun, Yisah Kafayat Adetutu, Ojelabi Christianah Adenike and Sunday Rosemary Christopher.
The Nigerian ambassador promised that the mission will continue to follow up the case with a view to obtaining necessary legal approval and clearances to enable the safe return of the 10 ladies.
With the evacuation set to begin from Sunday (yesterday) through September 30, 2020, the ambassador said the mission will continue to monitor the case.
This is coming two months after a video emerged online showing 27 Nigerian girls in a cramped room in Lebanon begging President Muhammadu Buhari, prominent individuals and clerics to save them from their wicked employers and help them return home.
You may be interested
#EndSARS violence: There’re elements eager to annihilate our region – Southwest governorsWebby - October 25, 2020
<!-- Sanwo-olu and his visitors at the toll gate in Lekki --> Sanwo-olu and his visitors at the toll gate…
Buhari breaks silence: ‘I won’t speak on Lekki shooting until all facts are established’Webby - October 25, 2020
<!-- President Muhammadu Buhari --> President Muhammadu Buhari By Kazeem Ugbodaga President Muhammadu Buhari on Sunday broke his silence on…
Lagos mayhem: Southwest governors, Gbajabiamila, ministers visit Sanwo-Olu (Video)Webby - October 25, 2020
<!-- Sanwo-Olu taking the governors and ministers round to see properties destroyed by hoodlums in Lagos. --> Sanwo-Olu taking the…