Reports indicated that the fire outbreak started Saturday night and razed down everything in the building, including Ballot Boxes, Generators, newly printed electronic and manual Voters Register, uncollected PVCs, and other materials yet to be identified.
The unfortunate incident was said to have been caused by the careless act of the office security guard who was allegedly drunk at the time of the incident and could not raise alarm to quell the inferno.
Qua’an Pan Local Government Area is the fifth largest council area in Plateau State and is located in the southern part of the State.
The INEC Head of Voters Education and Public Enlightenment, Osaretin Omohiereobon, was said to have confirmed the outbreak, noting that the management team from Jos, the State capital, were on their way to Qua’an Pan to assess the situation.
You may be interested
Police confirm 2 students dead, 12 injured in Ojodu truck accidentWebby - December 8, 2021
The truck that crushed students at Ojodu Lagos set ablaze By Mateen Badru Police confirmed that two male students of…
Bandits Attack Travellers In Sokoto, Burn 30 Passengers To Death Inside A BusWebby - December 8, 2021
Gunmen suspected to be bandits have burnt at least 30 passengers inside a bus traveling from Sabon Birni local government…
Police say two dead, 12 injured in Lagos school children accidentWebby - December 8, 2021
The police in Lagos have said two students died and 12 injured in an accident that occurred on Tuesday afternoon…