PSG, Monaco Clash Postponed Due To Heavy Rain
Sunday’s Ligue 1 meeting between Monaco and Paris Saint-Germain has been postponed due to heavy rainfall.
The pair were set to meet on Sunday evening at Stade Louis II, but will now face off at a later date after the departments of Var and Alpes-Maritimes in southeastern France were issued with a red alert for rain and floods.
The red level is the highest in the French meteorological scale, and indicates that “hazardous phenomena of exceptional intensity” are expected, and that members of the public must follow safety instructions issued by the public authorities.
“Following a decision by the Monaco authorities, the game between Monaco and Paris Saint-Germain, scheduled today at 21:00 (8pm GMT/3pm ET), is cancelled and will be played at a later date because of the weather conditions,” Monaco said in a statement.
“This decision comes as the departments of Var and Alpes-Maritimes are placed in red alert for rain and floods. The Competition Commission of the LFP will fix the date of the meeting at a later date.
“AS Monaco will soon be providing the ticketing information following this postponement.”
Monaco were heading into the game sitting 14th in the table, just three points from danger, having narrowly avoided relegation last season.
PSG, meanwhile, occupy first place having won 11 of their 14 games. They sit five points ahead of second-placed Marseille.
The match was expected to see the return of Neymar for the French champions . The Brazilian had been training alone to recover from a hamstring injury, having featured in Tuesday’s Champions League draw at Real Madrid. Neymar entered the match at half-time as late goals from Kylian Mbappe and Pablo Sarabia helped secure a point in the Spanish capital.
You may be interested
Your woeful leadership of Edo State will be brought to an end soon – Tinubu to Gov ObasekiWebby - August 12, 2020
The National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, Bola Tinubu, has accused the Edo state governor, Godwin Obaseki, of being…
What people will say about me when am dead, doesn’t bother me – ObasanjoWebby - August 12, 2020
Former President of Nigeria, Olusegun Obasanjo has fired back at those criticizing him over his controversial condolence message on the death…
Obansanjo will go back to prison if I become president – Ayo FayoseWebby - August 12, 2020
Former governor of Ekiti State, Ayo Fayose, has said that if he becomes President of Nigeria, he will send former President…