Setien To Take Legal Actions Against Barcelona Following Sacking
Quique Setien has confirmed he will be taking legal action against Barcelona after only being legally informed about his sacking on Wednesday.
The LaLiga giants only formalised the exit of Setien this week, over a month after he was relieved of his first-team coaching duties with reports claiming that his lawyers will demand €4m from the club in compensation.
According to Setien Barcelona’s president Josep Maria Bartomeu never informed him about the terms of his sacking, with no settlement mentioned.
Also Read: Kayode Joins Turkish Club Sivasspor On Loan
Setien’s statement confirmed that he was only informed by the club of his contractually update on Wednesday, while his coaching staff – who added their names to the official letter – were told they would be “relocated” in the club.
It was revealed late in August that the Blaugrana had still not sacked Setien through official channels and he had even sent them a burofax – a document with legal standing – to prompt the official paperwork, and it is now set to be decided in a courtroom.
The Catalans confirmed Setien’s sacking earlier this month following Barcelona’s 8-2 Champions League defeat against Bayern Munich, which proved to be his final game in charge.
However, it has now emerged that Barcelona have only relieved him of his duties of coaching the team rather than sacking him from the club, meaning that his contract had been ongoing into this week.
Setien only oversaw 25 matches at the helm with his side winning on 16 occasions, drawing four matches and losing five, and has been replaced with Ronald Koeman.
Copyright © 2020 Completesports.com All rights reserved. The information contained in Completesports.com may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without the prior written authority of Completesports.com.
You may be interested
“Nigerian Youths Are High On Drugs All the Time” – Lagos Lawmaker, Mojisola Alli-Macauley (Video)Webby - October 30, 2020
Mojisola Alli-Macauley Nigerian youths have been attacked by a member of the Lagos state House of Assembly. According to Mojisola…
BREAKING: IGP Replies Amnesty, Says Policemen Didn’t Shoot #EndSARS ProtestersWebby - October 30, 2020
Mohammed Adamu Mohammed Adamu, the Inspector-General of Police, has reacted to reports that the police shot at protesters. The IGP…
Thugs Killed Police Inspector And Cut Off His Manhood – Ebonyi State Commissioner Of Police RevealsWebby - October 30, 2020
Thugs Killed Police Inspector And Cut Off His Manhood - Ebonyi State Commissioner Of Police Reveals Philip Maku, The Ebonyi…