Imo state governor’s convoy attacked

August 19, 2020
11 Views

Governor of Imo state, Hope Uzodimma’s convoy was attacked on Monday August 17, as the Governor was on his way to the 34 Artillery Brigade in Obinze, to inaugurate an officers mess built by the state government

While the hoodlums armed with guns and machetes claimed to be staff members of the Imo State Oil Producing Areas Development Commission (ISOPADEC) and also disclosed they were protesting non-payment of their salaries, the state government said its position that most of the protests in the state were sponsored by the opposition had been vindicated.

The state Commissioner of Police Isaac Akinmoyede who confirmed the arrest of 15 suspects linked to the attack, said they were arrested with one locally-made pistol, two machetes, a mask, a chain and a padlock. He also disclosed that the incident which occurred around Concord area of New Owerri, did not claim any life.

Akinmoyede said; 

“They attacked the vehicles in the convoy with a locally made pistol and machetes.

“But in the process, windscreens of some of the vehicles in the convoy were smashed and the vehicles damaged.”

The police commissioner added that the suspects have been handed over to state Criminal Investigation Department for further investigation.

You may be interested

Boko Haram Terrorists kill Nigerian Army Commander In An Ambush
News
4 views
News
4 views

Boko Haram Terrorists kill Nigerian Army Commander In An Ambush

Webby - September 22, 2020

Boko Haram Terrorists, yesterday in Borno state killed a Nigerian Army Commander in an ambush. Col DC Bako was the…

Edo Election: APC Tells Oshiomhole, Others To Congratulate PDP, Obaseki
News
1 views
News
1 views

Edo Election: APC Tells Oshiomhole, Others To Congratulate PDP, Obaseki

Webby - September 22, 2020

The All Progressives Congress, (APC) has urged former National Chairman of the party, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole and other leaders in…

#EndSARS: SARS Shoots Man 4 Times For Refusing To Unlock His Phone In Port Harcourt [VIDEO]
News
1 views
News
1 views

#EndSARS: SARS Shoots Man 4 Times For Refusing To Unlock His Phone In Port Harcourt [VIDEO]

Webby - September 22, 2020

Some officers of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) have reportedly killed a young man by shooting him four times for…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.