Dismissal Threat: Nigerian Government Ask Abuja Doctors To Return Back To Work

March 20, 2020
102 Views


The Federal Capital Territory Administration has warned striking resident doctors to return to their duty posts within the next 24 hours or face mass sack.

Speaking at a news conference in Abuja, the FCT Minister of State, Dr. Ramatu Aliyu, said the directives was necessary after an emergency meeting of top management staff of the FCTA.

Naija News recalls that the doctors had gone on strike last week over what they alleged were irregularities in their January and February salaries, but the Minister said the problem was not peculiar to the doctors, adding that some of the doctors were even overpaid.

She said in spite of pleas to allow for time to rectify the system error so that all hands could be on deck to contain the spread of the Coronavirus, the doctors have refused to resume work.

“As a result, an emergency meeting of top management staff was held this afternoon where it was resolved that all necessary measures must be taken to ensure that residents do not suffer as a result of the strike by the resident doctors. In the meantime, the Administration has given the striking doctors 24 hours to resume work after which they should consider themselves as having exited themselves from the FCT Administration”, she declared.

Share this post with your Friends on


Go Back To The Top


Looking for something? Search below



You may be interested

Why I Sold Zouma To West Ham – Tuchel
Sports
14 views
Sports
14 views

Why I Sold Zouma To West Ham – Tuchel

Webby - December 4, 2021

Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel has revealed that he has no regret selling Kurt Zouma to West Ham.In an interview with…

Rangers Boss Van Bronckhorst Gives Update On Injured Balogun
Sports
9 views
Sports
9 views

Rangers Boss Van Bronckhorst Gives Update On Injured Balogun

Webby - December 4, 2021

Rangers manager Giovanni van Bronckhorst has given update on injured Leon Balogun as the Scottish champions prepare to host Dundee…

Sagna Denies Dumping Arsenal For Man City Because Of Money
Sports
4 views
Sports
4 views

Sagna Denies Dumping Arsenal For Man City Because Of Money

Webby - December 4, 2021

Bacary Sagna has rejected reports that he left Arsenal to join Man City because of money.The 38-year-old swapped the Emirates…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.