Coronavirus: WHO sends experts to support Nigeria’s response plan
She said WHO had been supporting countries globally, especially countries with a high risk of importing the virus.
According to her, the risk of importing the virus is high in the country recognising that Nigerians travel frequently to China.
“WHO has deployed the experts from Africa to support us for two weeks to ensure that our plan and preparedness is complete and on point.
“As at January 31, Coronavirus Inter-ministerial Preparedness and Response Committee was conveyed by the Minister of Health and he inaugurated a committee to develop an Action Plan.
“The focus of the committee is to ensure that our points of entry have sufficient capacity to monitor in-coming travellers.’’
The official told the journalists that the focus was on nine states, hosting ports of entry both by air and water.
“That is our main priority now; within Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) which we are supporting, we have activated the coronavirus preparedness working group and the group has been working in the past two weeks.
“We are also working to ensure that the Inter-ministerial committee has the capacity to provide patients care and diagnostic capacity,’’ she said.
You may be interested
Eagles Roundup: Ajayi On Target For Al Ahly; Dessers In Action For HeraclesWebby - February 14, 2020
Nigeria forward Junior Ajayi scored for the second consecutive game as Al Ahly defeated Al Masry 3-0 at the Border…
Mass resignation at France’s film academy after Polanksi rowWebby - February 14, 2020
Copyright © 2020 Breaking Times, All Rights Reserved. Bringing you the news as it breaks