Mr Timveh Jerry, agency’s Public Relations Officer (PRO) gave the warning in an interview with newsmen on Friday in Abuja.
He said that it had been observed that people were in the habit of buying and storing fuel in gallons.
“We frown strongly at people buying fuel and storing in vehicles either to use it later in generators or for any other domestic use.
“When you store fuel in a wind up vehicle there is every tendency for heat to be trapped in such vehicle.
“Because fuel is inflammable it will always want to look for a means of escape which is what we call ‘Evaporation’.
“As they keep evaporating, they circulate in that vehicle and once this evaporated inflammable air come in contact with any ignitable it will explode,” Jerry said.
He added that the service had embarked on several sensitisation programmes to educate the public against such attitude as it was a continuous process by the service.
Jerry also advised filling station owners against discharging fuel when the weather was hot to avoid fire outbreak.
You may be interested
Dele Momodu Declares Interest To Run For 2023 Presidency, Promises To Fix NigeriaWebby - January 13, 2022
Nigerian journalist and publisher of Ovation Magazine, Dele Momodu has declared his interest to run for the presidency in 2023…
Plateau poly debunks reported abduction of studentsWebby - January 13, 2022
January 13, (THEWILL) – The authority of the Plateau State Polytechnic, has debunked reports that two students of the institution…
UNIJOS Student ‘Builds’ Mini Sports Car For His Final Year Project [Photos/Video]Webby - January 13, 2022
A final year student named Blessing at the University of Jos (UNIJOS) has made the headlines after he reportedly built…