The incident, which occurred around 1.50 am, was caused by cooking gas.
It was gathered that one of the occupants was cooking but slept off.
State Director, Fire Service, Martin Agbili, an engineer, confirmed the incident. He said his men rushed to the scene after receiving a distress call.
He said the roof of the house and its content were burnt but no death was recorded.
He said: At about 0150hrs (1.50am) of today (Friday), Anambra State Fire Service received a distress call of a fire outbreak in a residential house at No 5 Abakiliki Road behind St Joseph the Worker Catholic Church and the back of Paktonia Hotel, Awka.
“We deployed immediately our firefighters and fire truck and moved in and we have fought the fire to a standstill.
“A family cooking with their cooking gas slept off and left what they were cooking unattended.
“The roof of the house and its content was completely burnt but we saved the building and surrounding buildings.
“The fire is under control now and there was no loss of life.”
You may be interested
15 Persons Abducted As Gunmen Attacks Niger CommunityWebby - January 17, 2022
No less than 15 persons have been kidnapped by some gunmen who attacked Kulho village of Mashegu Local Government Area…
Bola Tinubu Reveals Why He Will Emerge Victorious In 2023 Presidential ElectionWebby - January 17, 2022
The National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu has revealed why he would succeed and emerge victorious in…
Actor Frederick Leonard Says ‘No Brainwashed Person Should Preach PVC To Him’Webby - January 17, 2022
Nollywood actor, Frederick Leonard says no Nigerian should admonish him about getting his permanent voters cards (PVCs) ahead of the…