BREAKING: President Buhari Leaves Nigeria For UK Medical Check Up

March 30, 2021
4 Views

The President departed the country in one of the jets available in the presidential fleet, News Direct reports.

Buhari is not expected back in the country until the second week in April according to an earlier statement by his spokesperson, Femi Adesina on Monday when he announced the president’s trip to Nigerians.

Adesina in a statement yesterday told Nigerians that “President Muhammadu Buhari will travel to London, the United Kingdom, Tuesday, March 30, 2021, for a routine medical check-up.”

“Before his departure, Buhari will meet with Security Chiefs first in the morning, then, head to the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, for the journey.”

“The President is due back in the country during the second week of April 2021.”

Buhari had been forced to remain in the country and not go for medical check-up abroad in a long time due to the global coronavirus lockdown.

Meanwhile, Nigeria’s number three citizen, Senator Ahmad Lawan has reacted to a media report that he is supporting a tenure extension for President Muhammadu Buhari.

In a statement on Tuesday by his Special Adviser on Media, Ola Awoniyi, in Abuja, the Senate President denied the report which alleged that he is scheming to help the President stay in power beyond 2023.

Lawan also debunked saying that he won’t mind a constitutional amendment to allow unlimited term of office for President if President Buhari wishes to remain in office beyond 2023.

The senate president said he firmly stands by the constitutional provision for a term limit for elected public officers and would not support any move to amend the section.

He noted that the false report is entirely the handiwork of mischief makers is now being circulated again on social media by purveyors of fake news.

You may be interested

I made a mistake, Tinubu clarifies comment on recruitment of 50m youths
News
1 views
News
1 views

I made a mistake, Tinubu clarifies comment on recruitment of 50m youths

Webby - March 30, 2021

The National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has described his comment that 50 million youths…

My call for 50m youths recruitment ‘accidental verbal mistake’ – Tinubu
News
News

My call for 50m youths recruitment ‘accidental verbal mistake’ – Tinubu

Webby - March 30, 2021

TinubuThe national leader of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) and former Lagos state Governor, Bola Tinubu, said his call…

ICC Upholds Prison Sentence of Former Congolese Warlord
Crime
8 views
Crime
8 views

ICC Upholds Prison Sentence of Former Congolese Warlord

Webby - March 30, 2021

The International Criminal Court upheld the convictions and a prison sentence of a former Congolese warlord Tuesday, dismissing his lawyers’…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.