Sir Alex Ferguson has helped raise £405,000 for the NHS as a ‘thank you’ after his life-saving brain surgery in May.
Ferguson threw a charity event at a Manchester hotel, which was hosted by actor James Nesbitt and attended by the likes of Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp.
Scottish band The Proclaimers were also at the event to provide entertainment.
A source, who attended, told The Sun: “Alex was in great form all night and had guests in stitches with his stories.
“It raised a lot of money but Alex was determined that all of it should go to the NHS.
“He’s always been a great supporter of them and that’s become even more the case since his health issues.”
The legendary Manchester United boss needed emergency surgery last year when he suffered a seizure at his home in Chesire.
Ferguson was put in an induced coma and spent four days in intensive care before he was discharged from hospital.
The 77-year-old released a video two months after his ordeal, in which he thanked the medical staff who saved his life.
“Just a quick message, first of all, to thank the medical staff at Macclesfield, Salford Royal and Alexandra Hospitals,” said Ferguson in July.
Believe me, without those people, who gave me such great care, I would not be sitting here today. Thank you from me and my family, thank you very much.
“It has made me feel so humble, as have all the messages from all over the world, wishing me the best. The good wishes do resonate very strongly with me so thank you for that support you have given me.”
You may be interested
Police arrest newspaper vendors for circulating IPOB storiesWebby - May 10, 2021
No fewer than seven newspaper vendors and distribution agents in Imo State were in the early hours of Monday arrested…
Covid-19 vaccines deadly, untested, Bishop Oyedepo warnsWebby - May 10, 2021
Founder of Living Faith Church Worldwide, Bishop David Oyedepo, has claimed that Covid-19 vaccines currently being administered on humans are…
ZAMFARA: Bandits massacred, leaders on the run, weapons recovered as federal troops launch multi-prong operationsWebby - May 10, 2021
After clearing bandits’ camps in Zanfara, the Nigerian army has claimed it killed no fewer than 48 bandits, and recover…