Our group no longer has business relationship with Atiku, says Intels

January 4, 2021
6 Views
Atiku Abubakar

https://onlinenigeria.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/our-group-no-longer-has-business-relationship-with-atiku-says-intels-1.jpg

Nigeria’s leading oil and gas logistics company, Intels Nigeria Limited, says it no longer has business dealings with former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, who was one of its major shareholders.

Intels said it severed ties with Atiku and his family after the former Vice President sold off his shares and exited the company last year.

In a statement on Monday, Intels spokesman, Tommaso Ruffinoni, said Atiku, through his trust named Guernsey Trust International, sold shares of Orlean-Invest Group, Intels parent company, between December 2018 and January 2019, for a sum of approximately USD60million.

“In the period between April and May 2020, Mr. Atiku Abubakar converted his remaining shares into a convertible bond that he subsequently monetized up to a residual sum of approximately 29M USD.

“When he requested to cash in the above mentioned sum our Group contested Mr. Atiku Abubakar a debt, towards our Group, of 24.1M USD. Without having received any answer regarding the matter, on 30th of November 2020 Mr. Atiku Abubakar was informed about the set off of such sum while we made available the remaining sum of 5.4M USD.

“With the completion of the above mentioned transactions, the era of Mr. Atiku Abubakar family’s involvement with the Group Orlean-Intels is over.

“On 1st December 2020 our Group terminated also the working relationship with Mr. Atiku Abubakar’s sons, Mr. Adamu Atiku Abubakar and Mr. Aminu Atiku Abubakar, and since that date our Group does not have any contacts, neither direct or indirect, with members of Mr. Atiku Abubakar’s family,” Ruffinoni stated.

image

You may be interested

FG Reacts As 600 Nigerians Stranded In Saudi Arabia Call For Help To Return [Video]
News
4 views
News
4 views

FG Reacts As 600 Nigerians Stranded In Saudi Arabia Call For Help To Return [Video]

Webby - January 23, 2021

The Federal Government has announced that about 600 Nigerians, who have been stranded in Saudi Arabia for more than seven…

Banky W Blasts FG For Making Citizens Register For NIN Despite Surge In New COVID-19 Infection
News
1 views
News
1 views

Banky W Blasts FG For Making Citizens Register For NIN Despite Surge In New COVID-19 Infection

Webby - January 23, 2021

By Seun Adeuyi Nigerian singer, Banky Wellington, popularly known by his stage name Banky W has slammed the Muhammadu Buhari-led…

Supreme Court Dismisses Abacha’s Family Appeal Seeking Access To Looted Funds
News
5 views
News
5 views

Supreme Court Dismisses Abacha’s Family Appeal Seeking Access To Looted Funds

Webby - January 23, 2021

The Supreme Court has dismissed an appeal filed by the family of the late Head of State, Sani Abacha, seeking…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.