9 Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Governor Zulum’s Convoy Again

November 22, 2020
32 Views

By Seun Adeuyi

Again, Boko Haram terrorists on Saturday ambushed an advance team of Governor Babagana Zulum of Borno State, killing seven soldiers and members of Civilian-JTF.

SaharaReporters quoted sources as saying the incident happened at Ja’alta along Gajiram to Monguno Road.

The insurgents attacked the convoy on their way to Baga in Kukawa Local Government Area (LGA) to distribute food items to newly resettled displaced persons.

According to sources, Zulum had earlier flown by helicopter to the town with some top government officials.

The online newspaper quoted a soldier attached to the governor to have said, “We were attacked by the gunmen who came with about six trucks and seven motorcycles. We engaged them but they have already destabilised.

“We had no option than to abort the trip and returned back to Maiduguri with corpses of the deceased.

“About seven people died immediately but two of my colleagues (soldiers) died from gunshot injuries when we got back to Maiduguri.”

Nine security men in the advance team were killed in a fierce battle with the terrorists.

This is the third attack on Zulum in Baga in three months. The governor’s convoy was attacked twice along the Baga Highway in September.

You may be interested

Expert reveals how you can improve your baby’s brilliance in first 1000 days
Health
Health

Expert reveals how you can improve your baby’s brilliance in first 1000 days

Webby - January 29, 2022

Spread the loveA Kaduna-based nutritionist, Mrs Jane Gwani, says proper nutrition in the first 1,000 days of life is key…

Tinubu Denies Travelling For Medical Treatment In UK, Says He Went For Meeting Abroad
News
News

Tinubu Denies Travelling For Medical Treatment In UK, Says He Went For Meeting Abroad

Webby - January 29, 2022

The National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu has denied reports that he traveled to seek medical…

$20m Suit: Chris Brown Speaks Amid R*pe Allegations
News
5 views
News
5 views

$20m Suit: Chris Brown Speaks Amid R*pe Allegations

Webby - January 29, 2022

 Chris Brown, the popular American singer, has spoken out amid rape allegations levelled against him, as revealed by court documents…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.