No travel ban on #EndSARS protesters, says FG

November 3, 2020
33 Views

The federal government has denied placing a travel ban on known faces that participated in the #EndSARS, describing the report as fake news.

An online media platform had earlier on Tuesday morning reported that the Ministry of Interior had requested from the Department of State Security (DSS) whether or not it had a profile on key supporters of the #EndSARS protests.

The media report claimed that a list has been formally circulated, and six people suspected of taking part in the #EndSARS protests were prevented from travelling last week.

But reacting to the report, the Ministry of Interior said it did not generate a ‘no-fly’ list and that reports of #EndSARS protesters getting their passports seized due to a travel ban is fake news.

The Ministry dismissed the report as fake news using its Twitter handle to reiterate, “The Ministry of Interior did not, has not, and will not generate any no-fly list. Ignore fake news please!”

You may be interested

Buhari urges Senate to pass Finance Bill 2021
News
News

Buhari urges Senate to pass Finance Bill 2021

Webby - December 8, 2021

President Muhammadu Buhari yesterday transmitted a letter to the Senate, urging it to consider and pass the Finance (Amendment) Bill…

Senate demands maximum sanction for oil firm Bayelsa spill
News
2 views
News
2 views

Senate demands maximum sanction for oil firm Bayelsa spill

Webby - December 7, 2021

The Senate on Tuesday, described as unacceptable, the oil spillage caused by AITEO Eastern Exploration and Production Company Limited in…

UCL: Sanusi Struggles In Porto’s Defeat; Real Madrid Floor Inter
Sports
Sports

UCL: Sanusi Struggles In Porto’s Defeat; Real Madrid Floor Inter

Webby - December 7, 2021

Zaidu Sanusi was In action as FC Porto suffered a 3–1 defeat to Atletico Madrid in their UEFA Champions League…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.