The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) has said orientation camps across the country will remain shut, until it is safe to do so.
This was confirmed in a statement signed by its Director, Press and Public Relations, Adenike Adeyemi, on Thursday.
Adeyemi said any report that NYSC was planning to open the camps was false.
“To put issues in proper perspective, it is appropriate to state that the National Youth Service Corps will only return to the orientation camps when it is very safe to do so, in view of the danger posed by COVID-19 pandemic.
“The scheme places a very high premium on the lives of corps members, camp officials and other stakeholders which was the key reason it suspended 2020 Batch “A” Stream 1 orientation programme in March this year,” she said.
Adeyemi also made it clear that even when it had been established that it was safe to open the camps, NYSC, would act when it had received the nod of the Federal Government.
You may be interested
Buhari unveils eNaira Monday, experts say e-currency beneficial, riskyWebby - October 24, 2021
NIKE POPOOLA, SAMI OLATUNJI and AMARACHI ORJIUDE Published 24 October 2021 The President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), will on…
First Bank confirms Otedola’s acquisition of 5.07% equity stakeWebby - October 23, 2021
FBN Holdings (FBNH) Plc, the parent company of First Bank, on Saturday confirmed that Femi Otedola has acquired a 5.07…
President Buhari to launch eNaira on Monday, 25 October 2021Webby - October 23, 2021
<!-- President Buhari to launch eNaira on Monday, 25 October 2021 – Voice of Nigeria HomePresident Buhari to launch eNaira…