Residents of Central China have been allowed to return to work after recording no new case of coronavirus.
Recall that coronavirus was first detected in Wuhan area of China which forced the government to order a two-month lockdown.
Wuhan residents considered healthy can move around the city and take the bus or metro so long as they show ID, officials said.
They can also go back to work if they have a permit from their employer, and leave the city for other parts of the surrounding Hubei province after being tested for the virus and receiving a health certificate.
The virus, which emerged in a market that sold wild animals in December, sparked a dramatic lockdown of the city on January 23 that was then widened to the rest of the province of nearly 60 million people.
The number of persons infected has slowed dramatically and for five straight days and there have been no new cases in Hubei.
Another nine people died in Wuhan, the National Health Commission said Monday in its latest update.
The easing of restrictions follows Chinese President Xi Jinping’s visit to the city earlier this month — his first since the crisis erupted.
As the rate of infection slows in China, the rest of the world has stepped up measures to try and battle the raging pandemic.
China is anxious about an influx of infections brought in from other countries, with the number of imported cases climbing steadily in recent weeks to pass 350.
Of the 39 new cases reported Monday, 10 were in Shanghai and 10 were in Beijing.
Many cities have brought in tough rules to quarantine new arrivals.
Authorities have said all Beijing-bound international flights will be diverted to other cities where they will be screened for the virus to help make the process more efficient.
Those who get the all-clear will be allowed to continue to Beijing where they will still be sent to quarantine facilities.
There have now been over 81,000 cases in China, and the death toll has reached 3,270.
You may be interested
Journalist shot dead in IbadanWebby - June 21, 2021
The Oyo State Police Command has confirmed that a freelance journalist, Titus Badejo, was shot dead on Saturday.Daily Trust reports…
Five dead, 4 injured as police officer runs berserkWebby - June 21, 2021
ADVERTISEMENTThe Police Command in Enugu State has confirmed five persons dead after a police officer attached to a company went…
Police confirm killing of popular Ibadan Radio PresenterWebby - June 21, 2021
The Police Command in Oyo State, yesterday, confirmed the murder of a popular Ibadan Radio Presenter, Mr. Titus Badejo, by…