Goodluck Jonathan Opens Up About Being Under Pressure To Contest Election In 2023
Former President, Goodluck Jonathan has denied the reports suggesting that he is under pressure to contest the 2023 presidential election.
Some media reports had suggested that the former president is gearing up to contest again in 2023.
However, in a statement issued by his spokesman, Ikechukwu Eze, Jonathan said he was not under pressure to contest, rather he is focusing on promoting peace and sustainable democracy across the African continent.
“There was nothing like that. The former President has not made any comments nor spoken to anyone on the coming elections,” he said.
“He is busy concentrating on his foundation, The Goodluck Jonathan Foundation (GJF), and its work of promoting peace, sustainable democracy and youth empowerment in Africa.”
Describing the reports as old and fake, he added: “If you check online, you will discover that a story with similar headline had been published in the past by few shady online sources.”
“The last time this same story circulated online was before the 2019 Presidential elections. It has now come up again,” he said.
You may be interested
Police Nab Kidnappers Of Ogun LG Transition Committee MemberWebby - January 26, 2020
The suspects 4 suspects who allegedly kidnapped Soniyi Taiwo, a member of the recently inaugurated Ogun state Local Government Transition…
Man Arrested For Allegedly Defiling Two Of His Children In Abuja (Photos)Webby - January 26, 2020
Photo of the suspect Men of the Abuja police command have reportedly arrested Chukwukelu Adumah, pictured above, for allegedly defiling…
Jealous Lover Flees After Stabbing Girlfriend To Death In BauchiWebby - January 26, 2020
Tragedy struck in Bauchi on Friday when a jealous man, simply identified as ‘Solomon’ stabbed his girlfriend, Patience Zakkari, to…