wheelchair on fire

A firefighter puts out the fire that started while a man was sitting in a wheelchair
 

New York Post reports that an American man in a wheelchair has been burned in Midtown Manhattan, USA, early Saturday after falling asleep with a cigarette in his hand.

The 43-year-old man was sitting outside a building on East 53rd Street near 5th Avenue just after 7 a.m. when he fell asleep holding the lit cigarette, officials said.

The snoozing smoker then dropped the burning butt into his lap, where it began to scorch him, authorities said.

Emergency responders quashed the small blaze in less than 20 minutes — but his wheelchair burned down to its frame.

He was taken to Mount Sinai St. Luke’s with first-degree burns on his legs, police said.

“His arms were burned bad,” a nearby food cart vendor told The Post. “I saw a lot of smoke.”

You may be interested

COVID-19: 3 Doctors, 9 Nurses Test Positive In FMC, Jalingo
News
1 views
News
1 views

COVID-19: 3 Doctors, 9 Nurses Test Positive In FMC, Jalingo

Webby - January 22, 2021

By Adejumo Enock Three doctors and nine nurses have tested positive for COVID-19 at the Federal Medical centre, Jalingo, Taraba…

We Are Winning War Against Terrorism, Banditry – Enenche
News
2 views
News
2 views

We Are Winning War Against Terrorism, Banditry – Enenche

Webby - January 22, 2021

By Onwuka Gerald The military has on Thursday said it is currently making giant strides and winning the war against…

Resumption: Delta govt decries low turnout of students in rural areas
Entertainment
5 views
Entertainment
5 views

Resumption: Delta govt decries low turnout of students in rural areas

Webby - January 21, 2021

Tribune OnlineResumption: Delta govt decries low turnout of students in rural areas Delta State Commissioner for Basic and Secondary Education,…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.