It was gathered that the sad incident happened at the Michael Okpara square, on club road, few meters away from the Umuahia event centre.
According to eyewitness account, the deceased who was a sales assistance to the owner of food stand, was reportedly killed while trying to rescue a co-worker who was allegedly under electric shock.
It was gathered that a high tension cable had cut and fell on a stake wire attached to an electric pole under which the food vendors were doing their business.
But unknown to them, the first victim who is said to be receiving treatment in an undisclosed hospital – touched the pole and while under the electric shock cried for help.
Her scream attracted the deceased who went to render help but unfortunately could not survive the electrocution.
It was gathered that she died while being taken to the hospital with a tricycle and her remains was brought back to the food stand and covered with her clothes.
You may be interested
Buhari condemns Benue, Anambra killings, says violence has no winnersWebby - May 5, 2021
President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday condemned the killing of 11 people in Gwer West Local Government of Benue State and…
INEC begins verification for polling units’ expansionWebby - May 5, 2021
Our Reporter The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Tuesday began a nationwide verification exercise for centres proposed for voting…
Buhari flays reprisals in Benue, mob attacks in AnambraWebby - May 5, 2021
Buhari. Photo; TWITTER/NIGERIAGOVApprehension over kidnappers’ deadline on Greenfield students President Muhammadu Buhari has condemned the killing of 11 people in…