KanyiDaily had reported that in the past few days following the #EndSARS protests, hoodlums have been targeting warehouses and politicians’ residence in their states to loot.
Governor Fintiri, who had imposed 24-hour curfew in the state due to the mass looting on Sunday, has given a 12-hour ultimatum for the return of looted goods, warning that every house containing any stolen property will be demolished.
“I am giving a 12 hour ultimatum (6:00 pm – 6:00 am) to the hoodlums to return whatever they looted from public and private warehouses and homes to the nearest Police Station and traditional rulers’ houses (from the ward to the district level), whichever is nearest to them.
“This ultimatum will expire at 6:00 am on Wednesday, 28th – October, 2020, after which I will sign an Executive Order for a house-to-house search to commence by 7:00 am of the same day.
“Part of the provision of the order is a sanction that will attract withdrawal of C of O and if necessary, demolition of every house that habours any of the stolen properties. Law abiding citizens should cooperate with the security agencies to ensure this is enforced to the letter.”
Governor Fintiri said he had received briefings of what had happened since Sunday morning, and listed places that were affected.
“With shock, we received the report of attacks on the Customs Office, Road Safety, Primary Healthcare Development Agency, NEMA office, COVID-19 Isolation Centre at Kofare, North East Commodity Association (NECAS) Kofare, public and private warehouses in Demsawo, Nyako Quarters, opposite airport, behind Zenith Bank, Bakin Kogi, Mayanka, Upper Benue, AADP, LEA, Yola South, Red Cross opposite FMC, Aliyu Mustafa College; Dr. Belel’s workshop, private farms, etc,” Fintiri said.
Fintiri assured that the reprieve which the state had had from the hoodlums since Monday afternoon would be sustained. He said:
“As a responsible government, we cannot fold our hands while criminals are trying to take over our society. We are working round the clock to ensure that peace is returned to our society. Working with the security agencies, we have activated the necessary instrument for a return to normalcy and arrest of the looters,” he said.
The governor disclosed that so far 155 suspects are in police custody while nine Vehicles and 12 tricycles loaded with loot have also been impounded.
KanyiDaily had also reported that Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai ordered a house-to-house search to retrieve COVID-19 palliative that were looted in the state.
You may be interested
We Are Saints Compared To Today’s Level Of Corruption In Nigeria – BabangidaWebby - January 17, 2022
Former military president, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd), said that public officials in his time were saints compared to the…
JUST IN: APC governors’ forum DG resigns as crisis rages over conventionWebby - January 17, 2022
The Director-General of the Progressive Governors’ Forum (PGF), Salihu Mohammed Lukman, has resigned as crisis rages over the All Progressives…
BREAKING: Salihu Lukman Resigns As APC Governors Forum DG Amid Convention ControversyWebby - January 17, 2022
Salihu Lukman, director-general of the Progressive Governors Forum (PGF), has resigned from his position, TheCable understands. His resignation is coming…