Over 1 Million Nigerians Applied For N-Power In Less Than 48 Hours – FG

June 29, 2020
30 Views

The federal government has revealed that over one million people applied for the N-Power program, after the application portal was opened for 48 hours.

The deputy director information of the ministry of humanitarian affairs disaster management and social development, Rhoda Iliya said the applications for N-Power which is one of the national social investment programmes of the federal government targeted at ending poverty in the country, is an indication of the number of youths who need jobs and the confidence in the program.

The statement read;

“The ministry wishes to reiterate that all young Nigerians between the ages of 18-35 with or without formal education can apply for a slot in the new program which would be very focused on agriculture.

“The number of applications so far received is an indication of the number of our youths who need jobs and the confidence in the program.

“The ministry will continue to collaborate with its technical partners to provide timely support to all applicants.

“The selection process would be fair and transparent and the public would also be carried along at every stage.

“The portal is open for all Nigerians who meet the application criteria.”

The ministry also countered claim of hackers gaining access on the portal which was opened on 11:45pm on June 26, 2020 and closed on June 28, 2020.

You may be interested

News

Presidential poll: Rivers is as important as Lagos, Kano, says Wike

Webby - April 16, 2021

By Mike Odiegwu, Port Harcourt Rivers State Governor Nyesom Wike has said anybody jostling to be president of Nigeria will…

Rivers votes crucial to ambition of potential presidential candidates —Wike
News
News

Rivers votes crucial to ambition of potential presidential candidates —Wike

Webby - April 16, 2021

The Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike has stated that the votes of residents in Rivers, Kano and Lagos is crucial…

“I expect new Police Chief to do very well” – President Buhari
News
News

“I expect new Police Chief to do very well” – President Buhari

Webby - April 16, 2021

<!-- “I expect new Police Chief to do very well” - President Buhari – Voice of Nigeria Home“I expect new…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.