Nathan Sharibu, father of Leah Sharibu who was abducted by Boko Haram alongside over 100 schoolgirls in Dapchi community of Yobe State in February 2018, has blamed the federal government over his daughter’s continous stay in captivity.
The emotional father of the abducted schoolgirl who spoke to Channels Television in commemoration of his daughter’s two years in captivity on Tuesday February 18, reminded President Buhari of his promise of ensuring that his daughter returns home.
“It is due to their lapses that my daughter is spending two years in captivity, and there is no assurance up till now.
“I have a special message for him. Mr Buhari, who is the Nigerian President, is a father and he is a grandfather; his administration has assured us – the family – that they would do their possible best to ensure that my daughter is released.
“He also promised the nation and almost promised the whole world that his administration will do its possible best to ensure that those in captivity are released.
“So, I’m pleading with him now to fulfil his promise; I’m begging him.”
Nathan Sharibu also disclosed that his daughter’s abduction has left his family in distress as his wife has been in and out of hospitals almost every week.
“Personally, the Federal Government has not contacted me, except in October 2018 when the Minister for Information and Culture and other two ministers came to my house in Dapchi, to represent the President himself to condole with us and assured that the administration is doing its possible best to ensure that my daughter returns home safely.
“Since then, I did not hear anything from them up till this time; no result at all. I am 100 per cent assured that my daughter is still alive and one day, she will come home safely.”
Click the link to watch the video below;
You may be interested
Nnamdi Kanu: idea of pardon is premature, says MalamiWebby - December 2, 2021
A file photo of Nnamdi Kanu.The Attorney-General of the Federation (AGF) and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, has said that…
Casualties recorded as troops hit bh/iswap terrorists in Yobe communityWebby - December 2, 2021
Nigerian Army troops on Tuesday engaged Boko Haram terrorists in a gun battle.Nigerian Army troops of Sector (2) Joint Task…