Xenophobic attack: President Buhari has done well – Edo Dep. Gov

September 9, 2019
54 Views



Mr Phillip Shaibu, Edo Deputy Governor, on Monday, lauded President Muhammadu Buhari’s quick response during the xenophobic attack in South Africa.


Shaibu said this shortly after presiding over the 2019 Batch ‘B’ Stream II corps members passing out parade from Orientation camp at Okada.


He said that the singular action the President took changed the phase of the whole struggle of Nigerians in South Africa.


“Nigerians should join in solidarity with our people that are being tortured or killed in the struggle.


“We should go about our peace protest, not to destroy property of South Africans that do businesses here,” he said.


The deputy governor also advised Nigerians to be patient, show good example and desist from indulging in any form of violence or killings.


On the corps members, he advised them corps to be focused and challenge themselves that they could also solve issues in any community.


“You have opportunity in Edo to be skilled and also take advantage of whatever you are taught.


“Establishing yourselves is the best way to succeed in life,” he said.

You may be interested

The Shocking Moment The Beirut Explosion Threw A BBC Journalist Across Room During Live Interview (Video)
News
2 views
News
2 views

The Shocking Moment The Beirut Explosion Threw A BBC Journalist Across Room During Live Interview (Video)

Webby - August 5, 2020

 BBC News Arabic journalist Maryam Toumi was conducting an interview when the blast hit (Image: BBC)   A BBC interview…

Revealed! See The Number Of People Who Have Died Of COVID-19 In Nigeria So Far
News
3 views
News
3 views

Revealed! See The Number Of People Who Have Died Of COVID-19 In Nigeria So Far

Webby - August 5, 2020

File photo It has been revealed that over 900 COVID-19 related deaths have been recorded in Nigeria. This is according…

Lagos Governor Cancels 2018 Land Use Charge
News
3 views
News
3 views

Lagos Governor Cancels 2018 Land Use Charge

Webby - August 5, 2020

Babajide Sanwo-Olu The 2018 land use charge of Lagos state has been cancelled. The government made the announcement on Wednesday,…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.