An attempt by men of the COVID-19 Task Force to halt a Church service have been dashed out as the Church members reportedly pounce on them.
According to the report monitored by Naija News on Daily Post, the congregant of the Messiah Deliverance Salvation Ministry, situated at No 15 Fenton Street, Calabar in Cross River State descends on four members of the Coronavirus Task Force in the state.
Confirming the incident, the Special Assistant to the state governor, Ben Ayade, on Strategic Communication, Ekeng Inyang, noted that one of the four Taskforce officials dealt with is a Special Adviser to the Government of Cross River State, adding that he is now receiving treatment in an unknown hospital in Calabar.
Inyang said: “In enforcing the COVID-19 social distancing policy, members of Messiah Deliverance Salvation Ministry, a church located at No 15 Fenton Street, Calabar South Local Government Area, brutalized Taskforce members and left one badly injured.
“The victim who is also a Special Adviser in Cross River State is currently hospitalized as his head was torn open by the Church members who confronted the victim and his team members with violence for attempting to disrupt the service.”
On his part, Hon. Ani Esin, State Security Adviser to the Governor in an interview with newsmen, narrated that the team of task force had earlier visited the Church auditorium to stop them from holding a service, “but they responded with violence.”
He said, “When we went to the Church to enforce the lockdown order of the State Governor, the Church members and workers reacted violently and got our people injured.”
“In the midst of the violence, the Pastor escaped and we are looking for him. Our members sustained minor injuries were three while one was severely wounded and he has been admitted in one of the health facilities in the State.
“We have arrested three workers and they are in detention and will be charged to court soon. We had never had such an attack and Churches have always corporate with us and obey all the guidelines,” he stated.
Meanwhile, Naija News had reported earlier that the Minister of Health, Osagie Ehanire, has debunked the report that it was detaining the first Coronavirus patient in Benue State, Susan Okpe.
Share this post with your Friends on
Looking for something? Search below
You may be interested
Wizkid, Davido, Burna Boy top Headies Awards nominees (Full list)Webby - December 4, 2020
<!-- Wizkid (left), Burna Boy (middle) and Davido (right) --> Wizkid (left), Burna Boy (middle) and Davido (right) By Nimot…
Lagos set to clampdown on international travellers evading COVID-19 testWebby - December 4, 2020
<!-- Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos --> Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos By Kazeem Ugbodaga The Lagos State Government has…
See the Amount Borno Governor Gave Families of Slaughtered Borno FarmersWebby - December 4, 2020
Governor Zulum Governor Babagana Zulum of Borno state has paid monetary compensation to families of those slaughtered by Boko Haram.…