Breaking News: Buhari’s CoS Abba Kyari Tests Positive For Coronavirus

March 24, 2020
226 Views


Abba Kyari, the Chief of Staff to President Muhammadu Buhari has tested positive for Coronavirus however President Muhammadu Buhari tested negative, Arise TV reports.

According to THISDAY, The NCDC informed the president on the outcome of his negative result on Tuesday morning.

THISDAY referring to presidential sources, said the test for the president was necessitated after his Chief of Staff, Mr Abba Kyari tested positive for COVID-19 on Monday.

Naija News had earlier reported that Mr Kyari visited Germany and Egypt and only returned this week, Egypt has so far registered 327 cases of the respiratory disease caused by the virus, including 14 fatalities, its health ministry said on Sunday.

Mr Kyari returned exactly a week later on Saturday, March 14th, but did not show any symptoms. He reportedly had a meeting on containing the COVID-19 pandemic in Nigeria all through Sunday, where he reportedly started to cough.

He then voluntarily submitted himself for testing and was informed of his status yesterday. Kyari is had however gone into absolute isolation following the test result.

Share this post with your Friends on


Go Back To The Top


Looking for something? Search below



You may be interested

Boniface Scores As Leverkusen Beat Bochum, Close In On Bayern Munich
Sports
3 views
Sports
3 views

Boniface Scores As Leverkusen Beat Bochum, Close In On Bayern Munich

Webby - March 28, 2025

Victor Boniface was on target for Bayer Leverkusen in their 3-1 home win against Bochum in the Bundesliga on Friday…

NPFL: Defeat To Kwara United Painful — Nasarawa United Boss Yusuf
Sports
19 views
Sports
19 views

NPFL: Defeat To Kwara United Painful — Nasarawa United Boss Yusuf

Webby - March 27, 2025

Nasarawa United head coach Salisu Yusuf has reacted to his team’s 1-0 loss to Kwara United, reports Completesports.com. Emeka Onyema…

Cote d’Ivoire Withdraw As Host Of U-20 AFCON
Sports
3 views
Sports
3 views

Cote d’Ivoire Withdraw As Host Of U-20 AFCON

Webby - March 27, 2025

Cote d’Ivoire announced late Tuesday its withdrawal from hosting the 2025 U-20 Africa Cup of Nations just weeks before the…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.