ALERT: Lagos Hospitals ‘Now Treating’ Patients Suffering From Chloroquine Poisoning

March 20, 2020
90 Views

chloroquine poisoning

File photo

Some hospitals in Lagos state have been receiving patients suffering from chloroquine poisoning, according to Gboyega Akosile, chief press secretary to the governor.

Quoting Oreoluwa Finnih, senior special assistant to the governor on health, Akosile warned people against massive consumption of chloroquine as a measure to fight coronavirus.

The demand for chloroquine, an oral artemisinin-based monotherapies (oAMTs) for malaria treatment, soared a few hours after President Donald Trump said the drug had been approved to treat COVID-19.

But Stephen Hahn, commissioner of the US Food and Drug Administration, contradicted the American president, saying the agency was still working to examine all possibilities.

TheCable had reported how residents trooped to pharmaceutical stores across Lagos and Abuja on Thursday evening to purchase the drug.

In a tweet on Friday, Akosile warned people against harming themselves through the indiscriminate use of the drug.

“Hospitals now receiving patients suffering from Chloroquine Poisoning, says Gov @jidesanwoolu’s SSA on Health, Dr @Oreoluwa_Finnih. She urged people against massive consumption of Chloroquine as a measure to fight #Coronavirus,”
he tweeted.

Earlier, health experts had dismissed speculations that the drug could be used in fighting the virus.

You may be interested

Why I Sold Zouma To West Ham – Tuchel
Sports
14 views
Sports
14 views

Why I Sold Zouma To West Ham – Tuchel

Webby - December 4, 2021

Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel has revealed that he has no regret selling Kurt Zouma to West Ham.In an interview with…

Rangers Boss Van Bronckhorst Gives Update On Injured Balogun
Sports
9 views
Sports
9 views

Rangers Boss Van Bronckhorst Gives Update On Injured Balogun

Webby - December 4, 2021

Rangers manager Giovanni van Bronckhorst has given update on injured Leon Balogun as the Scottish champions prepare to host Dundee…

Sagna Denies Dumping Arsenal For Man City Because Of Money
Sports
4 views
Sports
4 views

Sagna Denies Dumping Arsenal For Man City Because Of Money

Webby - December 4, 2021

Bacary Sagna has rejected reports that he left Arsenal to join Man City because of money.The 38-year-old swapped the Emirates…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.