Coronavirus: Anambra Bans Public Gatherings, Issues Directives To Residents, Schools, Markets, Others
In a statement on Thursday, Governor Willie Obiano ordered all tertiary institutions to proceed on compulsory vacation From March 20.
The governor also dished out different directives to residents, markets, schools as public gatherings ceases from Monday March 23.
(1) Public Gathering
- All public gathering is banned from 23rd March 2020 until further notice .
- Traders and Ndi Anambra who go to the markets should wash their hands frequently, with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and allow it to air dry.
- The use of hand sanitizers is strongly recommended if the hands are not visibly dirty.
- Hand shaking, hugging and all other forms of contact salutation is strongly discouraged.
- A distance of 6-feet should be maintained between customers and traders.
- Leadership of the markets are advised to buy infra – red thermometer to test any cases of their member or customer falling sick in the market.
(3) Tertiary institutions
- Students of Anambra tertiary institutions must proceed on vacation effective 20th of March 2020 until further notice.
(4) Primary and secondary schools
- All inter-house sports competitions are hereby suspended until further notice.
- The management of all schools in the state must provide hand wash stations at entrance of all schools.
- They must ensure that all students and visitors wash their hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, allowing their hands to air-dry. It is desirable for parents to provide hand sanitizers for their wards.
- Management of all schools must on arrival to school, take the temperature of their day students. Temperatures above 37.9 degrees Celsius must be reported to the nearest hospital.
- Schools management are encouraged to take the temperature of their boarding students at least once every day. Temperatures above 37.9 degrees Celsius must be reported to the nearest hospital.
- All Primary and Secondary Schools in Anambra State must go on indefinite vacation effective 27th March 2020.
- All residents in Anambra state are advised to avoid handshaking, hugging and all other forms of contact salutation.
- They are to avoid unnecessary travels.
- Every body must keep a reasonable social distance when conversing with each other.
- All residents returning from countries and states with active COVID-19 cases, must self-isolate for 14-days and contact the Anambra state Public Health Emergency Operation Center immediately (PHEOC). During self-isolation they must take their temperatures twice daily.
(6) Hotels, eateries and nightclubs
- All hotels must provide a handwash station and sanitizers. Guests are encouraged to wash their hands with soap and running water for at least 20 seconds.
- Management of all hotels must take the temperature of guests and visitors with a non-contact infra-red thermometer.
- Temperatures over 37.9 degrees Centigrade must be reported to the PHEOC.
- Management of all hotels, restaurants and nightclubs must check the temperature of all their staff on daily basis. Staff with temperature more than 37.9 degrees Centigrade should not be allowed to serve and must report to the hospital.
- Restaurants must avoid overcrowding patrons at the table. Hotels are encouraged to maintain a database of their guests.
(7) Luxurious buses
- All luxurious bus owners and operators must maintain a travel manifest for inbound and outbound passengers to Anambra state.
- All luxurious bus owners must maintain hand wash stations and provide hand sanitizers in their buses.
- Passengers are encouraged to wash their hands with soap and running water.
- All intrastate buses are encouraged to have hand sanitizers in their buses and encourage passengers to use same.
Nigeria currently has 12 confirmed cases of the dreaded coronavirus. Eleven in Lagos and one in Ekiti.
You may be interested
Edo Election: Voters Scramble For Cash As APC Leaders Allegedly Share Money At Polling Unit [Video]Webby - September 19, 2020
Suspected All Progressives Congress (APC) leaders in Oredo Local Government Area (LGA), were on Saturday caught sharing money to some…
Edo Election: APC Chairman’s Wife Attacked As Political Thugs Hijack Electoral Materials [Photos]Webby - September 19, 2020
Some political thugs loyal to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) have reportedly hijacked electoral materials at a polling unit in…
Linda Ikeji buys N36m worth of shoes to celebrate birthdayWebby - September 19, 2020
<!-- Linda Ikeji surrounded by her birthday gifts --> Linda Ikeji surrounded by her expensive birthday gifts Popular blogger, Linda…