Coronavirus: Abuja Hotel Cancels Woman’s Reservation Because She’s Married To An Italian Man

March 2, 2020
440 Views
1 Comments

A Nigerian lady identified as Mitchelle Iannone has taken ot social media to call out Casalinda Hotel in Abuja, for discriminating against her Italian husband due to scare of coronavirus.

Following the recent case of coronavirus in Nigeria by an Italian man, Mitchelle took to her Facebook page to reveal that she and her husband had made a reservation to spend 4 nights at Casalinda hotel.

However, they later got a message from the hotel management informing them that their reservation had been canceled because her husband is an Italian.

Mitchelle who disclosed that she and her husband have not been to Italy in the last 6 months, said they were denied access into the hotel over fear of the couple bringing Coronavirus to the establishment. She wrote:

“Last week hubby and I made a hotel reservation for 4 nights at CasaLinda hotel Abuja, through bookings. Everything was paid for and finalized. Only for us to receive a shocking message and call, whilst preparing to go there this afternoon. saying our reservation has been cancelled because my husband is Italian.

“I told them the last time we went to Italy was 6months ago. This people refused and said they can’t let us into their premises because the are scared of us bring corona virus. Then to even make matters worst, they only offered to pay 70% of the full payment we made, saying 30% is non refundable. We demand a full refund and apology hotel casalinda. #saynotodiscrimination”

KanyiDaily had reported that Nigeria recorded its first case of coronavirus on Thursday, February 27, 2020, after an Italian man, who worked with Lafarge cement company in Ogun, tested positive to the virus in Lagos.

The confirmation of the deadly disease in Nigeria, has caused unrest amongst the citizens, with many people making sure to avoid getting infected. With this however, comes a lot of other issues bothering on racial profiling and discrimination.

Earlier, some protesting school children were seen dressed as doctors and nurses, wearing medical lab coats and other mock disease protective gears, chanting, “Coronavirus, go back to China”.

You may be interested

Boniface Scores As Leverkusen Beat Bochum, Close In On Bayern Munich
Sports
3 views
Sports
3 views

Boniface Scores As Leverkusen Beat Bochum, Close In On Bayern Munich

Webby - March 28, 2025

Victor Boniface was on target for Bayer Leverkusen in their 3-1 home win against Bochum in the Bundesliga on Friday…

NPFL: Defeat To Kwara United Painful — Nasarawa United Boss Yusuf
Sports
19 views
Sports
19 views

NPFL: Defeat To Kwara United Painful — Nasarawa United Boss Yusuf

Webby - March 27, 2025

Nasarawa United head coach Salisu Yusuf has reacted to his team’s 1-0 loss to Kwara United, reports Completesports.com. Emeka Onyema…

Cote d’Ivoire Withdraw As Host Of U-20 AFCON
Sports
3 views
Sports
3 views

Cote d’Ivoire Withdraw As Host Of U-20 AFCON

Webby - March 27, 2025

Cote d’Ivoire announced late Tuesday its withdrawal from hosting the 2025 U-20 Africa Cup of Nations just weeks before the…

One Response

  1. Why take to social media to complain? If the story is really what you are telling us, then go to court. You will not only get your full refund, you will also be awarded damages for such insensitive discrimination.

    Reply

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.