A hip hop singer, Alimi Abiodun a.k.a MC Bio was electrocuted while on stage at the Gateway ICT Polytechnic, Sapaade, Ogun State.
The tragic incident which happened on Friday threw the students into mourning.
According to The Nation, the Higher National Diploma (HND) 2 Mass Communication student and some unnamed promoters had staged the event to welcome students back to school after the Yuletide holiday.
Trouble, however, started shortly after he mounted the stage and was trying to re-arrange the microphone’s cable.
It was said that he unknowingly touched a cable which had no insulation and was rushed to a nearby state General Hospital at Isara, where doctors confirmed him dead.
In a video, the lady and some other girls were seen shouting on the singer to pay his debt and respect the fact that he is a celebrity.
You may be interested
CBN issues fresh update on Feb 10 deadline for old naira notes as Buhari calls f…Webby - February 3, 2023
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has restated its resolve to phase out old naira notes The former naira notes,…
Just in: Emefiele insists the CBN is not considering extending deadline for swapping naira notesWebby - February 3, 2023
The Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Godwin Emefiele, has restated that the apex bank is not considering…
Police IG Orders Arrest And Prosecution Of Those Selling, Rejecting Or Spraying NairaWebby - February 3, 2023
The Inspector General of Police (IGP), Usman Alkali Baba has ordered the arrest and prosecution of those abusing the naira…