A 36-year-old mother of one, Mrs Joy Kuje, has been electrocuted in the Nasarawa Eggon Local Government Area of Nasarawa State.
Northern City News gathered in Lafia on Thursday that the deceased was electrocuted when she accidentally stepped on a wet floor, which unknown to her, had a live wire stuck in it.
The incident, which occurred around 3.30pm, threw the victim’s family into mourning.
The husband of the deceased, Amos, recounted the sad incident in an interview with our correspondent.
He explained that the little boy, who assists his wife with household chores, had gone to fetch water and was on his way back when he screamed possibly as a result of electric shock.
This prompted Joy to rush out of the room in order to find out what had happened to the boy, unknown to her that there was a naked wire on the floor.
Amos said, “While entering the house, just by the side of the door, there was a naked wire lying on the floor. This, I believe, first shocked the boy and made him to shout ‘Jesus’ and he dropped the bucket of water on the floor, which attracted Joy’s attention.
“She rushed to the boy to ascertain why he shouted. On reaching the spot, Joy could not help herself as she was electrocuted. The power was switched off and she was rushed to the Nasarawa Eggon General Hospital, where doctors pronounced her dead.”
You may be interested
Disoriented Bola Tinubu Stumbles On Podium At Swearing In [Video]Webby - May 29, 2023
The swearing in of the 16th President of Nigeria, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, at the Eagles Square in Abuja the Federal…
El-Rufai Handover 577.32m Dollars, N80.60b Debts To Uba SaniWebby - May 29, 2023
Former Gov El Rufai Advertisement …Says He Leaves A Cash Of N5b In TSA And 2.05m Dollars In Domiciliary Account…
Ortom reacts to manhunt by EFCC, says nothing to hideWebby - May 29, 2023
Samuel Ortom Advertisement By Lateef Taiwo Immediate past Governor of Benue State, Dr. Samuel Ortom has reacted to the media…
Leave a Comment