Four Abducted Turkish Nationals Regain Freedom Kidnappers In Kwara

July 27, 2019
87 Views

The four Turkish nationals abducted in Kwara State have regained their freedom.

The construction workers were received yesterday by the Commissioner of Police in the state, Mr Kayode Egbetokun,six days after they were seized at  a local bar at Gbale village in Edu Local Government Area of the state.

They are Seyit Keklik (25), Yasin Colak (33), Ergun Yurdakul (35), and Senerapal (40).

Egbetokun said the police worked round the clock with local vigilantes to secure the release of the victims.
 
He said their effort paid off with the arrest of a member of the gang which kidnapped them on Thursday while another one was apprehended on yesterday.

According to the police commissioner, this mounted pressure on the gang and forced them to release the captives unconditionally.

He disclosed that the kidnappers initially asked for a ransom of N400 million and later reduced their demand to N100 million.

Egbetokun, however, insisted that no ransom was paid for the release of the foreigners.

He noted that three suspects have been arrested so far while others were at large.

The police commissioner said the victims would be taken to Abuja after the doctor might have finished examining them.

You may be interested

Olubadan vacant throne: Controversy resolved after Olubadan in council meet with Gov. Makinde
News
7 views
News
7 views

Olubadan vacant throne: Controversy resolved after Olubadan in council meet with Gov. Makinde

Webby - January 16, 2022

Spread the love The Osi Olubdan of Ibadanland, High Chief Rasidi Ladoja has said that all controversies surrounding the Chieftaincy…

Obi Cubana Offers Scholarship, Employment To Hawker Seen Giving Money To Inmates
Celebrities
6 views
Celebrities
6 views

Obi Cubana Offers Scholarship, Employment To Hawker Seen Giving Money To Inmates

Webby - January 16, 2022

Nigerian socialite, Obi Cubana has offered scholarship and employment to a Lagos hawker, Ekuma Jeremiah, who went viral for giving…

BREAKING: Former president confirmed dead
News
5 views
News
5 views

BREAKING: Former president confirmed dead

Webby - January 16, 2022

Ibrahim Boubcar Keita Ibrahim Boubcar Keita, died in a hospital this afternoon after being taken to the institution following a…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.