I Am Not Timi Dakolo’s Lawyer – Falana Clears The Air

July 23, 2019
92 Views

According to a rpeort by Punch Metro,  Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Mr Femi Falana, has said his chambers is not holding brief for Mr Timi and Mrs Busola Dakolo.

The human rights lawyer noted that he only intervened when the family expressed fear over their petition.

Falana clarified his position in the matter in a text message to The PUNCH on Tuesday.

It had been reported that the lawyer said the Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, had ordered the transfer of the case between the Senior Pastor of the Commonwealth of Zion Assembly, Biodun Fatoyinbo, and the Dakokos to Lagos.

He said this was because the Dakolos were the first to submit a petition to the police over the r*pe allegation against Fatoyinbo.

He said the IG also asked that the petitions of the two parties be consolidated.

Explaining how he came into the matter, Falana said he was contacted after the Dakolos had written their petition.

He said, “They wrote their petition before contacting us. When they met us, they expressed the fear that their petition might not be investigated. We intervened by requesting the police authorities to investigate the complaint. The IG has already granted the request. I confirmed the position to you yesterday (Monday).”

You may be interested

DJ Khaled to host MTV Africa Music Awards (MAMA) Kampala 2021
News
3 views
News
3 views

DJ Khaled to host MTV Africa Music Awards (MAMA) Kampala 2021

Webby - January 23, 2021

Grammy® Award-winning global sensation, DJ and record executive, DJ Khaled, who is best known for his hip hop and R&B hit anthems,…

Nigeria receives first shipment of COVID-19 vaccines end of February 2021
News
2 views
News
2 views

Nigeria receives first shipment of COVID-19 vaccines end of February 2021

Webby - January 23, 2021

Members of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF), had at the meeting, deliberated on matters of national importance, particularly, on the…

Horror! 10-Year-Old Girl Strangles Herself To Death While ‘Taking Part In Shocking TikTok Challenge’
News
News

Horror! 10-Year-Old Girl Strangles Herself To Death While ‘Taking Part In Shocking TikTok Challenge’

Webby - January 23, 2021

File photo A young girl who was aged just ten has accidentally choked herself to death in Italy. The girl…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.