Former Ekiti State Governor Ayo Fayose was first arraigned last October 22 on an 11-count charge of receiving and keeping N1.2billion and $5million stolen funds from the office of National Security Adviser (ONSA) contrary to the Money Laundering Act.
The Economic and Financial Crimes (EFCC) alleged that:
1. Fayose and an aide Abiodun Agbele took possession of N1.219billion from the Office of National Security Adviser (ONSA) to fund his governorship campaign knowing fund is proceed of “stealing”.
2. Received $5million from ONSA without going through financial institution contrary to the Money Laundering Act.
3. Placed N300million “proceed of stealing” in his fixed deposit account.
4. Deposited N317million in the account of Spotless Investment Limited, a company he and his family own.
5. Lodged N305,760,000 in his account when he ought to know it formed part of proceeds of an unlawful act.
6. Procured De-Privateer Limited and Agbele to retain N719,490,000.00 in their accounts.
7. Acquired a property on Plot 1504, Yedsema Street, Maitama, Abuja from Rabi Kundili with illicit N270million.
8. Used N1,151,711,573 to acquire chalets 3 and 4, 6 and 9 on Plot 100 Tiamiyu Savage Street, Victoria Island, Lagos in the name of JJ Technical Service.
9. Used N200million to acquire a property on 44, Osun Crescent, Maitama, Abuja in the name of his elder sister, Moji Oladeji.
10. Used N270million to acquire a property on Plot 1504 Yedseram Street, Maitama, Abuja in the name of Spotless Investment.
11. Procured Still Earth Limited to retain N132.5million in its account for his benefit.
Fayose pleaded not guilty to all the counts.
You may be interested
BREAKING: Court Orders Arrest of Maina’s SonWebby - November 24, 2020
Faisal A Federal High court has ordered the arrest of Faisal Maina, the son of Abdulrasheed Maina. The Court in…
‘You Are A Disgrace. Both Home And Abroad’ – Adesua Etomi-Wellington Lambasts Lauretta OnochieWebby - November 24, 2020
Adesua Etomi-Wellington, Lauretta Onochie Nollywood actress, Adesua Etomi-Wellington hit hard on Tuesday morning, November 24, after seeing a photo shared…
“My Wife Sleeps With Our Pastor, Church Elder” – Man Cries Out In CourtWebby - November 24, 2020
File photo A man's marriage has been dissolved after he approached a court in Ibadan to narrate how his wife…