So Sad! Food Vendor Dies While Rescuing Colleague From Electric Shock (Photos)

March 28, 2019

The victims

An unidentified food vendor was reportedly electrocuted in Umuahia, Abia state capital on Thursday, a report by National Helm has revealed.

It was gathered that the sad incident happened at the Michael Okpara square, on club road, few meters away from the Umuahia event centre.

According to eyewitness account, the deceased who was a sales assistance to the owner of food stand, was reportedly killed while trying to rescue a co-worker who was allegedly under electric shock.

It was gathered that a high tension cable had cut and fell on a stake wire attached to an electric pole under which the food vendors were doing their business.

But unknown to them, the first victim who is said to be receiving treatment in an undisclosed hospital – touched the pole and while under the electric shock cried for help.

Her scream attracted the deceased who went to render help but unfortunately could not survive the electrocution.

It was gathered that she died while being taken to the hospital with a tricycle and her remains was brought back to the food stand and covered with her clothes.

You may be interested

2022 World Cup: Messi Scores, Assists As Argentina Overcome Mexico

2022 World Cup: Messi Scores, Assists As Argentina Overcome Mexico

Webby - November 26, 2022

Lionel Messi was at his best mettle as he netted a goal and bagged an assist in Argentina’s 2-0 win…


Boy kidnaps 3-year-old girl, demands N150,000 ransom

Webby - November 26, 2022

Police operatives in Bauchi have explained how a 12-year-old allegedly kidnapping a three-year-old girl in the state, and demanded for…


Tinubu suffers another gaffe in Lagos, says “Go and take your APV APC and you mu…

Webby - November 26, 2022

APC presidential candidate Bola Tinubu is trending on social media after suffering another gaffe at the ruling party's presidential rally…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.