Joshua, Pulev Fight Postponed Due To Coronavirus Outbreak

March 20, 2020
104 Views

Anthony Joshua heavyweight title defence against Kubrat Pulev has been postponed, according to the IBF mandatory challenger.

The bout was set to take place at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on June 20.

Pulev, the former European amateur super-heavyweight champion, believes the rescheduled fight will take place towards the end of the year.

If the Bulgarian’s claims are true then it will be the latest sporting event to be hit by the global coronavirus pandemic.

” It is impossible for the fight to take place on 20 June, although I am ready,” Pulev said.

“The match will take place a few months later, perhaps towards the end of the year.”

Tottenham’s home ground is facing a hectic summer of action due to the Premier League likely running well into June amid the suspension being extended to April 30.

Read Also: Ighalo Pockets N26.3m Bonus After Taking Pay-cut To Join Man United

Matchroom Boxing supremo Eddie Hearn previously admitted the bout could be rearranged.

“We do have a potential date in July but, right now, we are hoping June 20 can remain the date,” he told Sky Sports.

When the fight does take place it will be Pulev’s second challenge for the IBF world heavyweight title.

He previously contested the belt in 2014 when he losing to Wladimir Klitschko in Hamburg via fifth-round knockout.

Joshua regained the IBF crown plus WBA, WBO and IBO titles by beating Andy Ruiz Jr in December’s rematch in Saudi Arabia.

Ruiz Jr previously stunned the world by handing the Brit a shock defeat via TKO in New York last June.

Joshua has not fought in London since a comprehensive victory against Alexander Povetkin at Wembley in September 2018.

How to Make Anyone Fall in Love with You Within Minutes “Uncover The Hidden Chemistry And Find Your True Love”…. Copyright © 2020 Completesports.com All rights reserved. The information contained in Completesports.com may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without the prior written authority of Completesports.com.

You may be interested

Lagos blue light rail ready for test run
News
3 views
News
3 views

Lagos blue light rail ready for test run

Webby - August 18, 2022

Spread the loveGov. Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos State on Wednesday says the test run of the Blue Rail Line train…

News

2023: Tinubu meets Obasanjo, Obi visits Femi Kuti

Webby - August 17, 2022

Presidential candidates of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu and the Labour Party (LP) continued their 2023 electoral preparations,…

JUST IN: Electricity workers suspend strike amid blackout
News
1 views
News
1 views

JUST IN: Electricity workers suspend strike amid blackout

Webby - August 17, 2022

The National Union of Electricity Employees (NUEE) has suspended its nationwide strike for two weeks. The secretary-general of the union,…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.