In this type of relationship, on the death of a wife, the widower may be presented with a substitute by her family without a fresh marriage procedure. In such cases, the first marriage is regarded as continuing, with the new wife taking the place of the deceased relative. It has been established that son irate marriage is not part of Ibo customary law. No evidence exists today of its survival anywhere in the country.
- Sororate Marriage
- Woman to woman marriage
- Widow inheritance or levirate marriage
- Big dowry small dowry marriage
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from further commenting.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.