EPL: Arsenal confirm deal for 20-year-old midfielder ahead of Watford clash

September 12, 2019
104 Views

Arsenal have confirmed that midfielder, Joe Willock signed a new long-term contract extension with the club on Thursday ahead of their Premier League clash with Watford this weekend.

The Gunners made this known in a statement on the club’s official website on Thursday.

The statement reads: “Midfielder Joe Willock has signed a new long-term contract.

“Joe, who turned 20 last month, has been associated with the club since he was four years old. He has progressed through our youth ranks at the Arsenal Academy, making his senior debut in September 2017 against Doncaster Rovers in the League Cup.

“He has now made 20 first-team appearances and started our first three Premier League matches this season. He was also included in the latest England Under-21 squad.”

Speaking on Willock’s new contract, Arsenal’s Technical Director, Edu told the club’s official website: “We’re delighted that Joe has committed his long-term future to us. The hard work of the academy coaches and staff, Joe, his family and everyone behind the scenes has been key to the development of his potential.

“Bringing young players through to the first team from the academy is an important part of our approach and Joe’s progression is a good example of how we want to work in the future. Joe has shown hard work and determination to get this far. He’s continuing to develop and we look forward to him making a big contribution to the club.”

You may be interested

Nigerian Man Arrested With N200m Drugs Concealed In His Underwear At Indian Airport
News
News

Nigerian Man Arrested With N200m Drugs Concealed In His Underwear At Indian Airport

Webby - May 6, 2021

A Nigerian man identified as Nonso Ekwalor Base has been arrested with N200m worth of drugs concealed in his underwear…

Catholic Church Suspends Father Mbaka For Criticizing President Buhari’s Government
News
4 views
News
4 views

Catholic Church Suspends Father Mbaka For Criticizing President Buhari’s Government

Webby - May 6, 2021

The Catholic Diocese of Enugu has suspended Reverend Father Ejike Mbaka from church activities for one month over his recent…

How Catholic Church leadership ‘Kidnapped’ me, planned to shut down my ministry for one month—
News
2 views
News
2 views

How Catholic Church leadership ‘Kidnapped’ me, planned to shut down my ministry for one month—

Webby - May 6, 2021

The Spiritual Director of Adoration Ministry, Enugu Nigeria (AMEN), Rev Father Ejike Mbaka has said the leadership of the Catholic…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.