SAD!! 55-Year-Old Woman And Her Daughter Electrocuted Inside Her Shop In Anambra
55-Year-Old Woman And Her Daughter Electrocuted Inside Her Shop In Anambra
A 10-year-old girl and her 55-year-old mother, Mrs. Patience Ughana, were on Monday evening, electrocuted inside their shop along Nnewi-Nnobi road in Nnewi North Local Government Area of Anambra state.
Confirming the incident, Mr. Andrew Kumapayi, the state Commander of the Federal Road Safety Corps FRSC, said a high tension wire fell on the shop, electrocuting the victims.
A statement signed and released by Kumapayi on Tuesday May 19, read
“It was reported that a high tension wire opposite St. Peters Clavers, along Nnewi-Nnobi road cut and fell on the roof of a shop, electrocuting two female victims. The deceased were identified as Mrs Patience Ugbana, 55, and her 10 year-old daughter, Adaeze.
“The victims were rushed to Rose of Sharon Hospital by sympathisers before the arrival of FRSC rescue team from Nnewi Unit Command, but on reaching the hospital, the doctors confirmed them dead,” the statement read
The Sector Commander advised traders and shop owners not to build shops under high tension wires.
You may be interested
Soldiers Went To Lekki Tollgate With Live Bullets – Nigerian Army Opens UpWebby - November 22, 2020
Brigadier General Ahmed Taiwo The Nigerian army has admitted that soldiers took live bullets to the Lekki toll gate. According…
I’ve Done Something Shameful – Popular Singer, 9ice Begs Wife For Forgiveness Being Caught CheatingWebby - November 22, 2020
9ice and wife Abolore Akande, the popular Nigerian singer who is more popularly known as 9ice, has been in the…
‘What To Do If You Can’t Taste, Smell Four Weeks After Surviving COVID-19’Webby - November 22, 2020
If you contracted COVID-19 and have recovered, this is a must-read for you. *** Scientists warn that many survivors of…