The appointment of Prof. Ibrahim Gambari as the new Chief of Staff came as a shock to many Nigerians.
This online platform Understands that Professor Gambari is a seasoned scholar and a Diplomat per excellence with an illustrious career, spanning over academia, government, and international diplomacy.
However, here are ten great facts about Buhari’s New Chief Of Staff, Prof. Ibrahim Gambari
- He was the first Under-Secretary-General of the United Nations.
- He was former Nigeria’s Minister of External Affairs between 1984 and 1985.
- He was the President of the Executive Board of UNICEF in 1999.
- He is from Kwara State.
- On March 4, 2013, Ibrahim Gambari was named by the Kwara State Governor, AbdulFatah Ahmad, as the pioneer Chancellor of the Kwara State University, KWASU, making him the ceremonial head of the university who presides over convocations to award degrees and diplomas and also supports the vision and mission of the university in all respects, including fundraising, social, economic and academic goals.
- He is currently the Founder/Chairman of the Savannah Centre.
- He was the former Head of the UN Mission in Angola and Nigeria’s Permanent Representative to the United Nations in New York.
- Gambari attended King’s College, Lagos. He subsequently attended the London School of Economics where he obtained his B.Sc. (Economics) degree(1968) with specialization in International Relations.
- He later obtained his M.A. (1970) and Ph. D. (1974) degrees Columbia University, New York, USA in Political Science /International Relations.
- He taught at Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Kaduna State.
Share this post with your Friends on
Looking for something? Search below
You may be interested
Troops foil attack, kill five terrorists in KadunaWebby - January 10, 2022
Troops have foiled an attack and neutralised five terrorists in Kwanan Bataro, Giwa local government area of Kaduna State. Commissioner…
Kaduna security: Troops foil attack, neutralize five terrorists in Giwa LGAWebby - January 10, 2022
A map showing Kaduna, a state in Nigeria’s north-west region.Troops of the Nigerian military have neutralized five terrorists in Giwa…
I Lost My Virginity At 21 And Narrated The Experience To My Father – Kizz DanielWebby - January 10, 2022
Popular Nigerian singer, Kizz Daniel has revealed how he lost his virginity at the age of 21 and narrated his…