He disclosed this in a short message to members of staff on Monday evening, where he urged his employees who had interacted with him to isolate themselves.
He said: “I got a call this morning confirming the result is COVID-19 positive. I am leaving now to the Gwagwalada Isolation Centre for treatment and hope to be back in two weeks.
“Many of you may have interacted with me during our various meetings and I would advise you to get tested as soon as possible.”
Tracing is ongoing to determine those who may have come in contact with him, as part of efforts to limit the spread of the virus.
Mohammed who had been in isolation receiving treatment for the virus in the last 40 days, is set to be discharged from Gwagwalada Specialist Hospital, Abuja.
“I have just received my second consecutive negative result,” Mohammed Atiku tweeted.
KanyiDaily recalls that the former Vice President, Atiku had announced on March 23, that his Son had tested positive for coronavirus and moved to Gwagwalada for treatment.
You may be interested
Nigeria’s drug barons fund, supply bandits with lethal weapons: Ahmad LawanWebby - March 5, 2021
Senate President Ahmad Lawan says the National Assembly will work with the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency to ensure that…
Buhari decorates new Service ChiefsWebby - March 5, 2021
President Muhammadu Buhari has decorated the new Service Chiefs at an event held in the Council Chamber at the State…
Tinubu: The Ship of Lagos headed in a wrong direction under AmbodeWebby - March 5, 2021
The National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, has said that Lagos State headed in the wrong…